Web Clipper stopped working in Chrome's incognito mode

A few weeks ago the web clipper stopped working in Chrome's incognito mode... no matter what clip format I choose, it always returns the error "Clipper has encountered an error. Unknown error ocurred. UNK/UNK Could not fetch..."

Anyone else with this issue?

n2s7ew6mmje21.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

Thanks for reporting this. We've had a few similar reports of this behavior in incognito mode. Our development team is already aware of this issue.

At the moment, I don't have a time or date on when this will be resolved. While not ideal, please use Web Clipper in non-incognito mode as a workaround.

I appreciate your time and understanding while we work to resolve the issue.

• 1 month later...

Please fix this immediately.  Ever note is an expensive application and this type of issue lasting for moths is ridiculous.  I will absolutely not renew my subscription if this is not fixed.  Most software companies will fix issues by the next release  and will definitely provide a schedule when bugs are expected to be fixed.

Em 04/05/2019 at 07:26, kg12 disse:

Please fix this immediately.  Ever note is an expensive application and this type of issue lasting for moths is ridiculous.  I will absolutely not renew my subscription if this is not fixed.  Most software companies will fix issues by the next release  and will definitely provide a schedule when bugs are expected to be fixed.

This!!!

We are spending our money with your app... we demand support. I reported this issue 3 months ago and hasn't been solved yet, that's unacceptable...

• Level 5

Start yelling at Google instead .... it is their browser that causes the problems in the first line.

And do not tell that you would no pay them - you do, with your data !

If you want to stop this, and get a working webclipper I would suggest to switch to Firefox or Safari instead, or any of the smaller browsers. You will find they work just fine.

Plus install a default search engine that works without generating a pile of user data from your searches. Google will grab whatever you are searching for, incognito or not. The incognito mode only prevents data to be saved locally on your device, not with big brother. I suggest using DuckDuckGo, works just fine without personalized saving what you are looking for.

11 horas atrás, PinkElephant disse:

Start yelling at Google instead .... it is their browser that causes the problems in the first line.

And do not tell that you would no pay them - you do, with your data !

If you want to stop this, and get a working webclipper I would suggest to switch to Firefox or Safari instead, or any of the smaller browsers. You will find they work just fine.

Plus install a default search engine that works without generating a pile of user data from your searches. Google will grab whatever you are searching for, incognito or not. The incognito mode only prevents data to be saved locally on your device, not with big brother. I suggest using DuckDuckGo, works just fine without personalized saving what you are looking for.

Maybe you're right, but this thread is not about Google's data privacy issues... I have my reasons to use Chrome, wouldn't make sense to change browsers just because of Evernote's Web Clipper stopped working. And in this case is Evernote that have to reach Google, so they can solve this issue together... that's not our (customers) task. We pay to have a good service, not to solve their problems...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, anfil89 said:

We pay to have a good service, not to solve their problems...

Don't think anyone's suggesting that you need to pitch in and help resolve the issue,  but I think the point is that if you want to get work done there are options to keep the flow going while this gets sorted out.  Third party code changes aren't necessarily easy to work around,  especially if the third party messed something up and will be fixing an issue in their own time.  (Not saying that's the case here,  but I've known it happen - see Firefox recently binning most add-ins including Clipper...)

Meantime every providers' T&C's have a condition along the lines of "we'll use our best efforts to keep the service available,  and if things go south we'll fix it as soon as possible."  There's no guarantee of 24-hour fixes,  unless you're paying Enterprise rates - and even at Premium prices,  we're not doing that yet.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:40 AM, anfil89 said:

in Chrome's incognito mode...

Question -- Why are you using Evernote in Chrome incognito mode, and does it work if you put it in regular Chrome?

3 horas atrás, MatS14 disse:

Question -- Why are you using Evernote in Chrome incognito mode, and does it work if you put it in regular Chrome?

Because incognito mode overtakes some limitations (that the regular mode don't) in certain websites that I need to clip.

• 3 weeks later...

This works for me: copy the url of the page in incognito mode, open Firefox in private browsing mode and paste the url there. 

Assuming you've installed it as an extension, Firefox Evernote clipper should still be working there.

6 horas atrás, vichoon disse:

This works for me: copy the url of the page in incognito mode, open Firefox in private browsing mode and paste the url there. 

Assuming you've installed it as an extension, Firefox Evernote clipper should still be working there.

Thanks for the tip vichoon. However, I only use Chrome and I don't want to install Firefox just because of that.