Can't search text on photos

First off, I keep trying to create a support ticket but every time I try to Evernote logs me off. I use chrome and even tried Edge for goodness sake. 

Second, I can't seem to search text on screenshots.  I took a screenshot of my online book but I can't search for it. I'm using the windows app. I also optimized my database by pressing and holding CTRL and clicking on Help > Optimize Database but it hasn't worked. I even waited 5 days but it's still not working. What's up Evernote???

• Level 5*

For support issues, see   https://discussion.evernote.com/announcement/72-issues-accessing-evernote-support-channels/

I took a screenshot of your posted video (why a video instead of a screenshot?)825250003_ScreenShot2019-02-10at17_38_09.png.409c48f340cc258705770c97093941c1.png
Evernote's OCR process generated this file for the search process
137D7601-FCF0-4A2C-ABC2-197A23CE139C.en-reco

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Aurora A. said:

Second, I can't seem to search text on screenshots.

I'd recommend taking the note you have displayed, and export it to Evernote format (.enex). Then open it in a text editor -- Notepad will do. If your note has OCR text recognition data, you should be able to find a <recoIndex> tag, containing a number of <item> tags, each of which specify some chunk of recognized text. If you don't have a <recoIndex> element, then OCR hasn't occurred for some reason.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:16 PM, jefito said:

I'd recommend taking the note you have displayed, and export it to Evernote format (.enex). Then open it in a text editor -- Notepad will do. If your note has OCR text recognition data, you should be able to find a <recoIndex> tag, containing a number of <item> tags, each of which specify some chunk of recognized text. If you don't have a <recoIndex> element, then OCR hasn't occurred for some reason.

Seems like a lot of work but thanks for pointing this out. lol 

• Level 5

Up to now, my experience with JPEG-OCRing is limited. Most is PDF in my case, the majority OCRed by my scanner SW (iX500-bundle).

But I was quite amazed that the EN-OCR had even worked on a JPEG taken from the label of a wine bottle - bend, from an angle and low light 🕯

So checking it out like jefito advised, or get a support ticket seems to be the task of the day 😉

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Aurora A. said:

Seems like a lot of work but thanks for pointing this out.

The reco index is always my go-to when I'm having Evernote OCR issues.

On a Mac, it's easier to review because it's stored as separate files, offsetting each attachment file (pdfs, images, documents, ...)

Archived