How do I change the look (format) on new update on laptop?

Nordicgal

Idea

I just updated Evernote on my Windows laptop to version 6.17.6.

When I open it, all my information is there, but the page looks different.  The page is black and shite, with no pictures, and the text is very small.

How do I get my Evernote userface to look like the original format that I am used to?  This is very ugly and difficult to read.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Nordicgal said:

I just updated Evernote on my Windows laptop to version 6.17.6.

When I open it, all my information is there, but the page looks different.  The page is black and shite, with no pictures, and the text is very small.

How do I get my Evernote userface to look like the original format that I am used to?  This is very ugly and difficult to read.

Is it perhaps the same issue as in the two threads below? If so, the solution that has worked for many people has been to go to Tools > Options > General,  and deselect Enable Hardware Acceleration.

Thank you, both, for your replies.

My screen looks like the two screenshots that Dave-in-Decatur posted, except on mine, the third column is completely white, and I can see all of my note.  I guess that's what it's supposed to look like.

An interesting side note: It only looks like this when I login from the shortcut.  When I access Evernote through the website, it looks like what I am used to.  It has a green border around it with the Evernote elephant visible, and the print is a little bigger.

I decided not to sweat it, since I primarily use Evernote on my phone or tablet, and since all my notes seem to be there.

Thanks, again, for your help.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, Nordicgal said:

An interesting side note: It only looks like this when I login from the shortcut.  When I access Evernote through the website, it looks like what I am used to.  It has a green border around it with the Evernote elephant visible, and the print is a little bigger.

The native Windows application is wholly different and separate from the web application.

Archived