Evernote hyperlink to local PDF file doesn't work

rohithreddy95

Idea

Hi,

I tried to add a hyperlink to a specific page of a local PDF file in Evernote. The hyperlink is of the form - file:///pathtofile/filename.pdf#page=10. When I click it, Evernote doesn't seem to recognize #page=10 in the link. I've rechecked to see if the link is modified and I didn't see any changes.

Thanks

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
On 2/5/2019 at 10:11 AM, rohithreddy95 said:

Hi,

I tried to add a hyperlink to a specific page of a local PDF file in Evernote. The hyperlink is of the form - file///pathtofile/filename.pdf#page=10. When I click it, Evernote doesn't seem to recognize #page=10 in the link. I've rechecked to see if the link is modified and I didn't see any changes.

Thanks

@rohithreddy95, are you able to get that hyperlink to go to a specific page of a PDF in other programs? (Do you need to have a colon after file, so file:/// ?)  I've never seen it before, so I'm curious.

• Level 5*
On 2/5/2019 at 7:11 AM, rohithreddy95 said:

I tried to add a hyperlink to a specific page of a local PDF file in Evernote. The hyperlink is of the form - file:///pathtofile/filename.pdf#page=10. When I click it, Evernote doesn't seem to recognize #page=10 in the link. I've rechecked to see if the link is modified and I didn't see any changes.

That's a real cool feature; it's documented at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/link-html-pdf-page-acrobat.html
This includes the note
 If you use URLs containing local hard drive addresses (c:\folder\), you cannot link to page numbers or set destinations. 

I was able to use the URL in a browser, but not in an Evernote link

Archived