Evernote web syncing issues and missing notebook stacks

brezanac

I've started using Evernote about a month ago and right since the beginning I am facing two major issues.

First of all, syncing seems to work really really dodgy between the desktop version on Windows [6.17.6.8292 (308292) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539)] and the web version. Even worse I haven't managed to sync a single ink message between those two because whatever I'd make in my desktop app the web app would simply display as a missing image icon 😯

The second issue I am having is that I can't find the option to display notebook stacks in the web version so all my notebooks are basically displayed flat in the sidebar.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, brezanac said:

The second issue I am having is that I can't find the option to display notebook stacks in the web version so all my notebooks are basically displayed flat in the sidebar.

You may be using the beta web version, which doesn't have the full featureset.

To downgrade to the previous version, use the menu next to your profile iconEF8394B4-2833-4FF3-99AF-F9E460F32FCB.thumb.jpeg.8b0f652a2023862946e3ebbf7453d9c7.jpeg

Ok the ink messages are now visible but notebook stacks are still nowhere to be seen and all the messages are just thrown into one big mess.

EDIT: I've found out how to create stacks in the web version. Simple drag and drop, maybe not so intuitive as the Evernote UX designer thought :)

But I still can't sync stacks between desktop and web.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, brezanac said:

Ok the ink messages are now visible but notebook stacks are still nowhere to be seen and all the messages are just thrown into one big mess.

EDIT: I've found out how to create stacks in the web version. Simple drag and drop, maybe not so intuitive as the Evernote UX designer thought :)

But I still can't sync stacks between desktop and web.

Which web version?  Don't use the beta, not full featured.  Use either current or classic (not sure it will be available depending upon when you started with EN).  You can make the choice on the web version under Account - Settings - Evernote Web.  I have current set up and below is what I see.  Don't use the web much IAC.  Actually prefer classic version, more features.

ScreenClip.png.44abf05bbd43d2af23ca05e5efd977db.png

Yes, stacks do appear however when I load the web version of Evernote it fails to sync the stacks I already have on desktop app. That's the real issue not that the web version doesn't support stacks.

Because of the feature disparity across platforms, bugs and pretty bad experience in general I've had with Evernote I've decided to stop my subscription, just two weeks into my first month. It's not that I don't want to use it but in it's current state it doesn't work as supposed to nor provide the features I need :(

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, brezanac said:

Yes, stacks do appear however when I load the web version of Evernote it fails to sync the stacks I already have on desktop app. That's the real issue not that the web version doesn't support stacks.

Just added a notebook in stack on my desktop.  It appears on the web.  Seems to work for me, way I added the notebook anyway.

ScreenClip.png.5f27d02fbc5285e20445ba1bcbab8900.png

8 minutes ago, brezanac said:

Because of the feature disparity across platforms, bugs and pretty bad experience in general I've had with Evernote I've decided to stop my subscription, just two weeks into my first month. It's not that I don't want to use it but in it's current state it doesn't work as supposed to nor provide the features I need

Yeah, EN does have its idiosyncrasies which may not work well with every use case.  Good luck in finding something that fits better.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, brezanac said:

Stacks are working for me.  Mac Safari Web, Mac, IOS.   Updates are sync'd both ways.

fwiw   Evernote web is direct access to the master data on servers; there is no intermediate storage.  

Archived