Feature Request: Export Note Links

Randy Zeitman

Feature Request: Export Note Links

I have several "videos" notebook, each having a separate focus, and each with a few hundred notes.

I want to organize these notes outside of Evernote so I can sort, add comments, track progress, etc. - nothing I am expecting EN to magically provide.

Right now I can conveniently copy the note links but it would be far more useful if I could copy/export the Note Name, Note URL and Tags.

So right now if I copy links from seven selected notes and paste into excel I get this.

image.png.f5fd765ae90251d0addada8014438746.png

But what I really want is this ... the titles ... the ACTIVE links ... and the tags.

image.png.20ccb474a66c09ba28f1d6fe220a4796.png

• Level 5*

Which platform/device?  I script this export using Applescript on my Mac.

A  comment on the note links.  I use the classic/in-app url, embedded in the note title.

>>So right now if I copy links from seven selected notes and paste into excel I get this.

I use the Copy Note Links funtion.  I have to paste into a note first, then copy/p1148670570_ScreenShot2019-02-01at14_15_10.png.c31954d2ab5fdb3487fab242a68d9d68.pngaste into a spreadsheet.1057279242_ScreenShot2019-02-01at14_39_52.png.947057ef949e7b815f3cdb1fbf62b993.png

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Randy Zeitman said:

"I script this export using Applescript on my Mac."

Would you please share it? (I am only requesting this for desktop version).

Your suggestion is doesn't seem to work ... the note links only work from another EN note, not from outside EN.

The classic/in-app links work both within and outside Evernote

What is the exact url thats failing for you?

An Evernote to spreadsheet script was presented in this discussion

• Level 5

Scripting sounds good for me, but maybe there is another option with Excel:

Excel can import data from text files. It is possible to use fixed column width (all lines of data structured the same, with fixed = countable width of each column) or alternatively flexible column width with column separators like ; or : or / etc. It is possible to choose which letter or symbol will be used as a column separator mark.

It will import all kind of data if the file type of the file is set to TEXT, because it will treat any text file as an import source no matter where it originated. Excel in the recent versions had a good assistant to help on the import rules.

A little personal history: We once made a copy of data created with SAP R2 on a small mainframe to a PC and imported it as .txt-files into Excel for further analysis. Because it was nicely structured this worked like magic even when Excel had no idea about how to treat a file copied in its original format from SAP.

For the details on a Mac please look up the help sources available. I am still working with Windows.

Archived