francesccasadella

Stop converting Google Drive Links???

Idea

Hello Evernote Communinity! 

I'm angry because I have a small big problem when i add Google Drive links to Evernote. 

I JUST WANT THAT A GOOGLE DRIVE LINK STAY THE SAME, A GOOGLE DRIVE LINK. I DON'T NEED ANY AUTOMATIC CONVERSION. 

Is it possible or i have to leave Evernote after lots of years? 

I attach a image of what i'm talking about: 
https://www.evernote.com/l/AFOoOl8ALqdE5preCzzFPXFFrMAWENVV5cc
this conversion is evil

thank you! 

7 replies to this idea

The only answer I can see is to use a text block and paste the link there.  The link content shows there,  but then it's not an active link - it's necessary to copy and paste the line of characters into the browser bar to jump to the note.

I guess the other option would be to use DropBox or OneDrive where the links don't (yet) have this extra formatting.

If you'd like I can move your post to a voting thread to see how many others would wish to see the Google Drive formatting switchable on and off...

yes please, let's vote on this thread, i will love to see if i'm alone o there's more people like me. 

i will love to have the option to enable this google drive links off or on. 

pd.- at the moment my solution is to do "control+z" after copy the link, but it's quite a poor solution. 

• Like 1

OK - moved.  I voted,  but as the originator of this thread I don't think you'll be able to do any more.  It remains to be seen how many others feel the same as you!

I just  press CMD+Z to undo the link conversion. But it's still very annoying :(

This appears to be new behavior on Android. I agree it is very annoying.  I routinely insert a Google Drive link into an Evernote note, then subsequent change the link text to be something specific for my document.  However, after exiting the note and then opening it up again I find that Evernote has *automatically* changed that link text back to the name of the Google Drive document and also inserts the little Google Drive icon before it.  This really makes a note look messy when I have lots of links interspersed in the note that are linking to Google drive documents. I just want the original link text to remain as I entered it and not have Evernote try to out-think me.

9 minutes ago, Roy Douglas said:

This appears to be new behavior on Android. I agree it is very annoying.  I routinely insert a Google Drive link into an Evernote note, then subsequent change the link text to be something specific for my document.  However, after exiting the note and then opening it up again I find that Evernote has *automatically* changed that link text back to the name of the Google Drive document and also inserts the little Google Drive icon before it.  This really makes a note look messy when I have lots of links interspersed in the note that are linking to Google drive documents. I just want the original link text to remain as I entered it and not have Evernote try to out-think me.

So I just played around a little and found a workaround, albeit we shouldn't have to do this.  When I first insert a link (to a Google drive doc) in Evernote on Android, Evernote auto-converts the link text to be the Google Drive document name and puts the Google drive icon in front of that text. If I then immediately touch the undo arrow it remains a link (thank goodness) but removes the Google Drive icon and reverts back to the URL text that I had pasted.  I can then place my cursor inside the URL text and change the text to be whatever I want it to be. I tested leaving the note and coming back in and it looks like Evernote preserves my link text. So crisis averted.  But I don't think Evernote should try to auto-replace the link text like this.