Evernote for Mac 7.9 Beta 1

Nick L.

Hi Folks, 

Evernote for Mac 7.9 Beta 1 is now available for download. You can get it here.

Fixes and Improvement: 

• Small improvements to the client.

Known issues:

• Empty lines are eliminated when copying and pasting.
  • Spotlight search in macOS Mojave doesn't work.
  • Text appears fuzzy on non retina displays.

Please continue sending us your feedback. Enjoy!

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Nick L. said:

Fixes and Improvement: 

Known issues:

Can I ask quite simply- why were the copy/paste bugs not fixed before releasing again? I don't understand how you can say "please continue sending us your feedback" when it is patently ignored??

what exactly are the "small improvements" anyway? anything actually user-facing?

This is disappointing after the CEO's post last month, I thought we were going to start seeing positive changes. 

• Ex Employees
7 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

Can I ask quite simply- why were the copy/paste bugs not fixed before releasing again?

The developers are on it, but it hasn't been fixed yet. It will be mentioned in the release notes when fixed.

• Level 5
22 minutes ago, Jay-Bob said:

The developers are on it, but it hasn't been fixed yet. It will be mentioned in the release notes when fixed.

Ok, but- why release it then? It's almost like you want us to be disappointed.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Nick L. said:

Fixes and Improvement: 

Sorry, @Nick L., I don't get why you would bother with even a Beta release that doesn't do much, and no details of the changes are provided.  How can anyone test without knowing the changes???  And why would they bother, given all the issues that remain?

Surely it cost time and effort to put out every release.  Is this really a good use of Evernote resources?

Question for those using the 7.9 Beta 1:

I saw in a screenshot of a prior beta release that there looked like a keyboard shortcut for setting a Reminder for a note was impending.

I'm now running:

Version 7.8 (457453 Direct)
Editor: 62.1.7539 (b406110)

...but I don't see the keyboard shortcut. Is it present in 7.9 Beta 1? Thanks.

That would be a marked improvement from it now missing from the toolbar in the Note Editor.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

I saw in a screenshot of a prior beta release that there looked like a keyboard shortcut for setting a Reminder for a note was impending.

I'm not seeing a keyboard shortcut for Reminder

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

I hope they figure this out. It's a real productivity drain for my clients that make heavy use of Reminder notes (including me).

afaik  There is nothing pending on this; nothing being "figured out"

For a productivity increase, I use scripting with FastScripts for keyboard shortcuts.  
My reminder shortcut is {command option R}

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

afaik  There is nothing pending on this; nothing being "figured out"

For a productivity increase, I use scripting with FastScripts for keyboard shortcuts.  
My reminder shortcut is {command option R}

So, was this screenshot from you displaying the Reminder keyboard shortcut from FastScripts, or was that from 7.6 Beta 3?

Thanks.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

So, was this screenshot from you displaying the Reminder keyboard shortcut from FastScripts, or was that from 7.6 Beta 3?

The screenshot shows a shortcut I added using    Mac > System Precerences > Keyboard > Shortcuts
The shortcut is only active when the menu is visible

362230380_ScreenShot2018-11-07at15_16_11.png.95241f4011e9ab15d2d18f2bee832114.png

On 1/31/2019 at 11:12 PM, Nick L. said:

Hi Folks, 

Evernote for Mac 7.9 Beta 1 is now available for download. You can get it here.

Fixes and Improvement: 

Known issues:

Text appears fuzzy is still there?!?! 

Oh, come on guys you are making "small improvements" and for 2 months you are not fixing these issues?!

1024047483_ScreenShot2019-02-09at00_34_37.png.59dadcdbde80f4ea7a8fdedee29bc239.png1608739876_ScreenShot2019-02-09at00_35_08.png.329e02384479d9ac7c28a4d5df1bd561.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nick L. said:

Correct, the fuzzy text issue is still there and will be a lot more work to fix that we initially anticipated, but we're on it. This fix will not be included in 7.9 Beta 2, nor 7.9GA. 

Well, that's not the answer we wanted to hear, but I really appreciate you being candid and letting us know up front.

• Nick L. unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 10:21 PM, Nick L. said:

@ewoks

Correct, the fuzzy text issue is still there and will be a lot more work to fix that we initially anticipated, but we're on it. This fix will not be included in 7.9 Beta 2, nor 7.9GA. 

is it included in the newest release? 

Btw, what's the minimum MacOS version for Evernote 7.9?

Archived