Dark Mode - Amazon Fire 7" tablet

Looking for some help is that is OK.

I have an Amazon Fire 7' tablet running the Fire OS 6.3.0.1, when I open Evernote I do not have the option in the setting to enable Dark Mode. Reading up on this site it states the app needs to be on version 8.6 or higher but I have checked and my app is version 7.12 and when I checks for any updates it states it is the latest version.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app (from the official store) but the same thing occurs.

Not sure what I need to do, I haven't modified or added any extra software onto the tablet. Any help or guidance would be grateful.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Where did you get your version of Evernote from?  If from the Amazon Fire Store (which I know is not Play.Google.com),  I'd suggest you try Amazon support for answers - Fire Android has different tweaks from other versions to tie it to Amazon (although it is possible to get to the Google version in a web browser).  Evernote don't support a Fire version,  so it's possible that it may not be feasible to get Dark Mode on a Fire.  Don't know if there's anyone here with the expertise - or even the access to a Fire device - to comment in more detail.

I downloaded it from the Amazon App store, could try contacting Amazon but I'm sure they would just refer me back to the developer of the app itself.

I want to use Evernote (compared to similar apps) as it supports offline usage, as I work where an internet connection can be sparse, so want to have something which still allows me to use it and then resynch once the tablet has gained an internet connection again. 

Appreciate the response and guidance though.

Archived