Prevent Screen from Sleeping

jonholm

Idea

Hi all- I dug around a bit in the forums but can't seem to find anything about preventing the screen from going to sleep when using the iOS app.  I use Evernote all the time with my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil in meetings, but I'll often get involved in a conversation and having to go back to my iPad to start writing again and the screen is locked.  Unlocking it again takes a couple of seconds...and that's precious time that interferes with my workflow in the meeting.  Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere, but any tips on how to prevent this, or if, Evernote devs, would be a great feature to add. I know Notability does it.  I much prefer Evernote but this is becoming a problem for me.

11 replies to this idea

This would be super useful when cooking, I hate it that every time I look at my phone, it’s locked again. And I don’t want to change the auto-lock time for my entire phone, just for evernote. 

• Like 2

I agree, as I’m getting frustrated with evernote each time I am taking notes and then the screen goes to sleep for whatever reason, I have to go back to the note I was writing in, scroll down to where I was. I feel this is wasting time. I’m using evernote as my main note-taking area and I think that it shouldn’t be doing this. Please fix this issue.

• Like 2

I agree, this is becoming a deal breaker for me. I have my ipad screen set to stay on for 15 minutes, the maximum setting. I have a lot of recipes on Evernote. When the screen closes and I open it back up, I have to open my note back up and scroll down to where I left off. This happened to me three times today. I have been a loyal Evernote user for many years now and I find myself relying on it more and more. 

• Like 1

Completely support adding this feature. I also use Evernote for all my recipes and hate that I need to unlock the phone each time I want to peak back at the recipe. Especially since Evernote in iOS seems to refresh after an unlock and goes back to top of the note or even worse closes out the app. 

• Like 3

Wow. this is disappointing. I've been battling this for months now (I am pretty sure it didn't used to do this on my phone/ipad). I just assumed there was a setting that changed. Now that I see there is no fix... it's kind of a deal breaker for me. It's one thing to unlock your phone. It's an ENTIRELY different thing to have to relaunch the app and then manually search for the note I was using and finally, scroll back to where I was. My laptop doesn't do this after it sleeps. It wakes up in evernote in the right spot on the note. 

Bummer. I've pretty much got my life in evernote but using iOS more and more makes this a significant reason to look elsewhere.  ☹️

• Like 1

I have this same issue and it's exclusively on iPhone.  I can confirm this issue wasn't present before and it currently doesn't happen on my iPad.  Please figure out what changed and fix it. I also use Evernote for recipes & it's terribly frustrating having to touch my phone to pull up the recipe every time! 

Is anyone at Evernote listening!?  I agree with all the posts listed.  I have the same problem with Evernote on the iPhone and Ipad.  It bugs me big time!!  So much so I've looked at other apps that might be better to use.  please please please fix this.  It's disappointing there has been no reply from Evernote on this topic!

• Like 1

I find this absolutely annoying. I have had MANY precious notes (written notes with iPad pencil) lost after my iPad went to sleep and Evernote does NOT save them. I don't understand why Evernote cannot override the auto-lock/sleep function when all other recipe apps (NYT Cooking, Paprika) doesn't go to sleep. Clearly, there is a way!