charisnotchairs

Broken images all over my notes

I have been having a massive house clear out and have scanned many documents into Evernote, which I checked were synced at the time.

There are loads of broken images now and I'm really worried at how much information seems to have gone missing. I can't find a solution anywhere - please help!

I have exactly the same problem. Issue started after I updated to Evernote windows 6.17.6.8292 (308292) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539) this morning.

It seems to only affect notes which I have created today and images which I have annotated. In particular I chose "copy share url" then check the link in my browser ( I always do this to preview the work I am about to send to people who don't have Evernote). After checking the content in my web browser I see the images are not there... going back into my Evernote windows application I see that the images have gone missing and have replaced by broken link icons:screenshot_667.thumb.jpg.ef3b7e4d58b048f83d2242b76d2d2005.jpg

I have had this issue with four different notes today. The images are gone and I have yet to recover them... I'll wait with creating new notes as I don't want to risk losing more images.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:37 AM, charisnotchairs said:

I have been having a massive house clear out and have scanned many documents into Evernote, which I checked were synced at the time.

Windows? Mac? Android? iOS? Web?

Many images become broken each day I save them in Evernote. I use these platforms: web client on PC, Mac client, and web client on Mac.

this is happening with me for at least 2-3 months.  An example:   I  capture a post in a web site with Evernote Clip on Chrome. This post contains formatted text and images. When consulting the notes either on Evernote client or in the Web version the text is OK but the images are broken.  I use Evernote on Mac OSX Mojave and Web version on Chrome.  Versions of all software involved are updated as of today... Is there a workaround or fix? 

@sergio.stanislauskas@gmail Just to confirm, when you capture from the website, are you sure the images are saved into Evernote? We normally see these issues when the images are hosted somewhere else, yet they display in Evernote as an embedded object. If the location of the moves or is taken offline, Evernote won't be able to locate it and will display a broken image link. 

On 3/28/2019 at 2:53 AM, Nick L. said:

@sergio.stanislauskas@gmail Just to confirm, when you capture from the website, are you sure the images are saved into Evernote? We normally see these issues when the images are hosted somewhere else, yet they display in Evernote as an embedded object. If the location of the moves or is taken offline, Evernote won't be able to locate it and will display a broken image link. 

This happens to me even if the image is a screenshot, taken with PC's Chrome web clipper, AND also with iPhone's screenshot. I am very certain the images are not embedded images linked to an external source.

I got back today to  the notes in which the images were not included as described above.  Searched for their title in Google ,  used the up to date web clipper, captured again as "simplified article" (as I had done before) and this time the images were included and saved as expected.  I noticed that all described problems occurred when clipping from the same web site .  Could not figure out what happened but now it is ok .  I'm using Safari in a Mac.