ctammes

Copy/paste adds linefeed

Hi,

an error seems to be back (ref. topic 105641). When I copy text from Evernote to another application, a linefeed is added (on Mac hex 0A).

Using Evernote 7.8 (457454 App Store).

Thank you for this report, our development team is aware of this issue. I don't have an estimate on when to expect this to be fixed but please keep updating so you have the latest fixes when they are released.

Just to chime in that I am also having this issue on Evernote 7.8 which is greatly annoying.

I am having this issue on MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra).

Please do get this fixed.  It is UNBELIEVABLY frustrating!!!!!

Me too, I had been hoping 7.9 would solve it, but no such luck. Please prioritize this. When copying a terminal command from evernote and pasting it into the terminal, which has to be a pretty common scenario, it gets executed immediately. But I may not want to execute the command as-is, I may want to modify it first. It is crazy frustrating to have to remember to first paste the command into a text editor, remove the line feed and then paste it into the terminal for modification before execution.

Do you have news about this bug ? This problem was solved by an older version but it has reappeared some weeks after.

The developers have this fixed, and we're hoping to have it released within the next two full Mac updates. This should be called out in the update notes when it's available.

Trying to get an idea of what "within the next two full Mac updates" means.  How often are full Mac updates typically released?

Super Annoying bug... waiting eagerly for the fix

This will be fixed in the 7.10 GA, if you'd like to try the fix right away, it should be available in the beta now: 

I have been using Evernote since sept 2008, and for the first time I considered dropping the product all together because of this. Frustrating that this is still not fixed.

This is fixed in the available beta and will be included in the next GA update. I hear you, this was a frustrating issue to encounter.