Locked Notes After Transfer from Old Android to New Android

I had a Samsung 5 Note Android, which I had installed Evernote, but then I changed phones...from a Samsung 5 Note Android to an LG V30 Thin Q Android.  I was told by the Verizon rep that everything would be transferred without any problems.  Well, that did not happen.

Although my notes are still showing, every note is locked!  All of the notes are "read-only" because "it was created in another app."  Under the "Notebook," there is a box that includes a paperclip, along with the title/size of the file.  When I click on it, a box appears with "No application found to open this attachment.  Check apps on Google Play for supporting this content" followed by boxes for "Cancel" or "Launch."  I can download it, but, when I click on the downloaded file, this message appears, "Can't open file."

I also downloaded the Evernote app to my laptop.  All of my notes transferred into it but are still locked!

Since this has happened, I am able to make new notes, save and later return, open to revise and save again...no problem.  It is just with all of the notes transferred from my old cell to my new cell.

Help...please!  My life is in Evernote! 
  • Level 5
57 minutes ago, Carevanner said:

If I uninstall and reinstall, won't I lose everything that I have in Evernote?

Ordinarily, no, since your notes are automatically synced to Evernote's servers and stored there. That's how you're also able to check them in Windows, a browser, iPad, etc. On Android, normally only an index or the like is downloaded to your phone permanently, and notes are downloaded as you need to view or edit them. However, I'm concerned that in your original post you said,

On 1/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, Carevanner said:

All of the notes are "read-only" because "it was created in another app."  Under the "Notebook," there is a box that includes a paperclip, along with the title/size of the file.  When I click on it, a box appears with "No application found to open this attachment.  Check apps on Google Play for supporting this content" followed by boxes for "Cancel" or "Launch."  I can download it, but, when I click on the downloaded file, this message appears, "Can't open file."

This is very unusual. I think your best course would be to use a Web browser on a computer and log in to Evernote (https://www.evernote.com/client/web, then sign in with your Evernote credentials). There you should be able to see all your notes and their content. If everything looks OK there, then you know the notes are safe on the Evernote servers, and it's safe to uninstall the app on your Android device.

• Level 5*
On 1/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, Carevanner said:

Although my notes are still showing, every note is locked!

My thinking is you need the support people on this.  
You can contaact support at Twitter @evernotehelps, or upgrade to Premiumfor a month or two.

fwiw   There is no Android > Android transfer; just a device syncing with the server
           The master version of your notes is stored on the servers, and can be viewed using the web platform at www.evernote.com

Archived