DrunkenCyclist

Randomly cannot "annotate image" in a note

Just more garbage from this ever increasingly terrible app...

Today I have a note in the mac application with a bunch of screenshot images and now I am finding that "annotate image" no longer appears when right clicking on half of the images in this note file — but if I close the note, come back to it SOMETIMES I can select annotate and then I can right-click again and that option is no longer available.

So I guess the ability to draw a friggin arrow on a screenshot is something I have to once again do in Photoshop?

Combined with the fact the web application keeps deleting updates to notes without auto-saving them as I work this is crippling me right now.

I am very actively looking at replacing this app. I've been a paid customer for years but Evernote is on the VERY TOP of my list when I give user experience presentations as a UX architect as one of the most broken piece of garbage apps I've ever used which continues getting worse by the week. There are a few more but Evernote is the #1 buggiest piece of software I use and it would take me a week to document everything I find broken in the app if I were to create a forum thread for each.

The facts are that most of the bugs I find have forum threads going back 10+ years of people complaining about the same broken feature.

I assume the developers at this company hate their jobs.

• Like 1

No ideas what's happening with the Evernote app.  For annotations on a Mac, I open the image with Preview.

I captured and pasted every image in this note exactly the same way. On half of them there's no possible way to see "annotate image" — it just doesn't show up in any menus.

On the other half of the images, you can right-click on them and annotate them just like you're supposed to be able to.

Figured I'd open a thread so people can complain for 10 years while it doesn't get fixed.

Same problem encountered.

Any solution?

I might have found the possible cause of this problem => images can only be annotated after they are uploaded to Evernote server?

After my note finish syncing, I can annotate those  images in it again.

• Like 1

I had encountered this problem on a number of occasions as well, but kept putting off investigating it further.  I also thought maybe I had just clicked incorrectly - which would be odd after being a Mac tech for 25 years…but it's possible.

I will give this "feature" more attention & testing because I too use that feature a fair bit - not as extensively as the OP, but as a long-time subscriber, it's one of the features that was making me reconsider my renewal.