deleting single attachments from a note on ipad

so I guess this topic has been up for a hundreds of times and I am sorry to be repetitive but I couldn't find any satisfying reply and I am getting a bit nuts with not being able to detect where the actual problem lies.

So I opened a new notebook for work and have one handwritten note. I then added several pictures by taking photographs directly, which automatically merged into one note apparently, with the handwritten note. Now, duplication of the pictures works just fine, but I cannot select a single item and then delete it. Whatever I can choose is just to delete the whole note, which I definitely don't want.

Also, when I want to separate the handwritten part from the rest of the "note", so the pictures, I can drag and drop it into the notebook, but instead of copying/duplicating it 1:1, it creates a .png which is totally different to enter and handle than the original note.

I am working on an ipad pro second generation and it just doesn't come natural to me yet, so I am grateful for any support here.

• Level 5*
On 1/17/2019 at 5:11 AM, squellow said:

so I guess this topic has been up for a hundreds of times and I am sorry to be repetitive but I couldn't find any satisfying reply and I am getting a bit nuts with not being able to detect where the actual problem lies.

So I opened a new notebook for work and have one handwritten note. I then added several pictures by taking photographs directly, which automatically merged into one note apparently, with the handwritten note. Now, duplication of the pictures works just fine, but I cannot select a single item and then delete it. Whatever I can choose is just to delete the whole note, which I definitely don't want.

Also, when I want to separate the handwritten part from the rest of the "note", so the pictures, I can drag and drop it into the notebook, but instead of copying/duplicating it 1:1, it creates a .png which is totally different to enter and handle than the original note.

I am working on an ipad pro second generation and it just doesn't come natural to me yet, so I am grateful for any support here.

Can you position the right of the attachment and press backspace?  Works for me to delete an attachment or a picture.

• 4 months later...

Clicking on the white space in the note after the document you wish to delete then click the backspace worked for me.  However Evernote team, there is a lot of chatter on this very topic here.  It would be a good feature to add delete to the right click on the file name.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Same exact issue!!!  Wasted nearly an hour trying to delete a Note in one of my notebooks.  I am pretty tech-savvy and this was so ridiculously frustrating and not user friendly.  Not even dragging Notes into the Trash worked, seems absurd.  You should be able to right click a note to delete it or at least drag notes to the Trash can, either on the computer or the trash can in the actual app.