Is History data available AFTER subscribed?

marcdee

I use a single note as a single day journal entry and somehow (my cat stepped on keyboard!) backspaced to delete most of my note content. I am not a subscriber yet but was wondering that if I did go to one of the paid versions could I access the note history of a note that I created before subscribing? In other words, when I check the note history for the note in question I receive a message of "Permission denied", so I am assuming and hoping and that the history is in fact stored but just not accessible to non-paid customers but if I subscribe that I could have access to my historical data? Would this be true? Thanks in advance.

• Level 5*

Confirmed, the Evernote Note History backup is running for all accounts.
Subscribing to a paid account will get you access to the historical data.

Regarding your "single note" for the journal.
Using a separate note for each day works much better.

Great news and thank you for confirming what I had hoped. Now my question is, when I went to subscribe I decided to try the business option to solve 2 things at one since I my business could benefit from the many tools Evernote offers but was then presented the option of creating a new account for business or using my existing email from personal and assigning a different email to my current personal account. So my question is will my personal account maintain the historical data recovery that I am looking for when it is "migrated" to a business account? OR if I provide a new email for business account does that leave the existing personal account as an unpaid version as it is now without the ability to access the historical data and just start a new business account with a clean slate sort of speak?

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, marcdee said:

So my question is will my personal account maintain the historical data recovery that I am looking for when it is "migrated" to a business account?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the business account stuff.
afaik, you would be setting up a new business account, with no connection to your personal account data.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, marcdee said:

So my question is will my personal account maintain the historical data recovery that I am looking for when it is "migrated" to a business account?

I do know that moving notes between notebooks loses their past history.  Don't know whether that would apply here.  Depending on the size of your business and the number of employees it may be that a 'simple' premium subscription will be sufficient,  with employees (if any) just using free pasic accounts.  I'd suggest you start out simple and escalate if and when necessary rather than jump in the deep end...

Archived