Copy/paste broken in 7.8 on Mac

Recently (probably sometime this or previous week, since I never noticed it before and I use Evernote a lot) copypaste on Mac has been broken: 

When I create some note which contains empty lines, when I copy it and paste to any other application, I get empty lines deleted. This is very inconvenient and frustrating - if I use Evernote to compose texts that have paragraphs, copying it to any other place removes all paragraphs and I have to reformat whole text again. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there a fix/workaround to this? 

In the web version, it's the opposite problem - when copying out, each empty line turns out into two empty lines. I guess on average it comes out ok, but I still have no way to extract my notes from Evernote in the same way as I wrote them. 

• Level 5

Guys if you have Premium accounts, PLEASE open support tickets for this.  I almost never see official EN staff commenting here. I assume at this point they are not visiting the forums, except to toss new betas over the wall for us to test.

I don't have the Premium. I was thinking about getting one but if my workflows get broken all the time what's the point spending money on the app that I can't use? Copy-paste is a basic thing, it's not some optional thing I can easily get around. Is there a way to get the developers' attention without pre-paying it? 

• Ex Employees
On 1/13/2019 at 12:23 AM, MrBaggins said:

Recently (probably sometime this or previous week, since I never noticed it before and I use Evernote a lot) copypaste on Mac has been broken: 

When I create some note which contains empty lines, when I copy it and paste to any other application, I get empty lines deleted. This is very inconvenient and frustrating - if I use Evernote to compose texts that have paragraphs, copying it to any other place removes all paragraphs and I have to reformat whole text again. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Is there a fix/workaround to this? 

Hi there, are you by chance copying content in and out of Evernote using text in a code block? I can reproduce something similar when dealing with text in code block, but not outside of it.

7 minutes ago, Jay-Bob said:

Hi there, are you by chance copying content in and out of Evernote using text in a code block? I can reproduce something similar when dealing with text in code block, but not outside of it.

It's just a text, with some very minimal formatting (like bold text) but no other special formatting. I can reproduce it very easily with this:

1. Create new note

2. Type: "line one

line two

line three" (with empty lines in between)

3. Select everything in the note

4. Copy it to any other application (text editor, e.g. TextMate, browser window, terminal, does not matter) 

5. The empty lines are gone

Not formatting or anything else is needed, just plain note with empty lines. This didn't use to happen until about a week ago when I last updated - I copy in/out Evernote a lot and never had this issue. 

BTW, version info is:

Version 7.8 (457453 Direct)
Editor: 62.1.7539 (b406110)

• Ex Employees

Thank you, these steps are helpful. I can now reproduce this exactly as you describe it when pasting from Evernote into various text editors. I have filed a report with the development team, but I don't have an eta on when to expect it to be fixed.

Just in case it helps, I've noticed that copy/paste from evernote v7.8 (appstore) to TextEdit (High Sierra), just eats the first (or the last?) empty line of a group of empty lines ( 1 blank line turns into no line, 2 blank into one blank line, 3 blanks into 2, and so on) Maybe this is related to the way Line Ending is managed  by EN and other editors.

Same paragraph copied from evernote to MS Word results in an exact copy: no blank lines are missing.

• 2 months later...

Archived