Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
Rando

trouble editing/formatting encrypted note

I found a few questions pertaining to my issue but no definite answers.

I have an encrypted note and most of the time I can not change the formatting. If I try to change the font or text size or whatever of existing text, as soon as I try the note goes back where it looks likes it's locked (no text just the padlock and the 6 boxes). However it is not locked. If I click the locked symbol the note opens without a password. This problem is not consistent. Most of the time, when I try to format existing test, it fails. But occasionally it doesn't. 

Windows? Mac? Android? iOS? Web?

35 minutes ago, Rando said:

However it is not locked. If I click the locked symbol the note opens without a password.

On my Mac, I can select this option when encrypting text    140141282_ScreenShot2019-01-09at12_59_12.png.170fc67cfdad5882587afeb4a068ec61.png

I rarely log out, and it's been a long time since I've had to enter a password

I'm sorry I left out some important information. My issue is on a Windows machine. I also have trouble on my iPhone but I don't want to muddy the waters with that right now. 

FYI DTLow I think I have my encryption password set up like yours, but I have to enter the password at least every 24 hours, which I like. I do not log off either I just exit the app when I'm done.  I was just commenting on the fact the note appeared like it needed the password since no text was visible, only the padlock symbol.