How do I insert symbols (or emojis) ?

I was looking online and it appears that Emoji's are not supported on PC's (SRSLY in 2019?).   I'm using Evernote to track the status of various projects so I have a table of projects and in one column I want to have a symbol for it's current status, like a checkmark for done, a worker digging for in-progress, a clock for waiting, etc.   Is there a way to insert symbols in Evernote?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 1/5/2019 at 11:36 PM, AnotherPeterN said:

I was looking online and it appears that Emoji's are not supported on PC's (SRSLY in 2019?).   I'm using Evernote to track the status of various projects so I have a table of projects and in one column I want to have a symbol for it's current status, like a checkmark for done, a worker digging for in-progress, a clock for waiting, etc.   Is there a way to insert symbols in Evernote?

Put a colon on the front and back.  After you type the last colon the emoji should appear.  .:shrug: for example will produce 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I find that I can indeed insert emoji in note titles, which looks great in a list of notes.  It appears as a plan square in the title itself, though.  Do I need to choose a specific font for titles to make this appear?  (I'm currently using Georgia, but I only tried a couple of other ones.)

For example, I can see something like this in the list views (side list, snippet, card, etc.):

image.png.3893087acfc24cc3c7def98b44942262.png

When I have the note open, though, I see this:

image.png.77ff1e62b9a5e47d62fd9cdb9aa6736e.png

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

In Windows 10, the best way I've found is to just use the Emoji shortcut: Windows Key + (semicolon) 

Other option is to...

Use the Touch Keyboard: 
Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and choose "Show Touch Keyboard Button".... which then places a little keyboard icon/button in the lower right side of the taskbar. Then you simply click that when you need to use emojis: There's an Emoji key right next to the spacebar on that virtual keyboard. 

The On Screen Keyboard on the other hand (Windows Key + O ... didn't have an Emoji key- at least not for me. Not sure why that is... but I'm totally fine with the options mentioned above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5

Just for completeness of the collection: On the Mac, ctrl + cmd + space will open a little keyboard helper with symbols and emojis. I can be installed in the menu bar, to pick it up with the mouse.

No idea what happens if I put a colon in front and after me ...

🚗🚐🏎️🛻🚗 🐘 🛻🚒🚙🏎️🚕🚗

... well, nothing to talk about, it seems.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  @FD006 - You're replying to a 5-year old query.  For the record as emojii are much more popular now than back then, it's pretty easy to copy and paste from many other sources including most WP apps.  Both Win 10 and W11 have on-screen emoji keyboards you can use too.

• Level 5

@FD006 The link contained in your post is a commercial link. Please think before posting commercial stuff in the forum.

On all platforms exist solutions build into the OS that don’t require to pay money for emoji's.

• Like 1