AnotherPeterN

New To Evernote - in-note-bookmarks?

Some of my Evernote Notes are large and complex but I want to keep it all in the same note.   In a Microsoft Word file you can make a "bookmark" and use it as a link so I can create a Table Of Contents at the start of a large file and click on an item to go to the location in the file where that topic exists.   How do I do something like that in an Evernote note?  Think of it like a hyperlink to INSIDE the note, instead of to another note or out on the web.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.  Bookmarks have been requested,  but at the moment are not available.  There is a way to create a Table of Contents listing multiple notes,  and my detailed notes are usually comprised of individual sections - one per note - connected by tags.  titles,  or ToCs.  Shorter notes are preferable because they're quicker to load (especially on mobile devices) and it's easier to jump to the correct section of a longer note if it's just a question of opening the required paragraph(s) in one note.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, AnotherPeterN said:

How do I do something like that in an Evernote note?

You had the right idea with the Microsoft Word file.  Add it to the note as an attachment.

On 1/5/2019 at 10:07 PM, AnotherPeterN said:

Some of my Evernote Notes are large and complex but I want to keep it all in the same note.   In a Microsoft Word file you can make a "bookmark" and use it as a link so I can create a Table Of Contents at the start of a large file and click on an item to go to the location in the file where that topic exists.   How do I do something like that in an Evernote note?  Think of it like a hyperlink to INSIDE the note, instead of to another note or out on the web.

Thanks in advance.

Only workarounds for this one.  Simple method is create your own TOC at the top of the note and use Ctrl+F to find whatever unique identifier you attach to each section.