Apple Pencil 2 Double Tap in Sketch

kestorr

Idea

Hi, the double tap feature for Apple Pencil 2 to switch between tools in Sketch inside Evernote don't seem to be working.

The double tap is working in other apps, so I ruled out any faults of my Apple Pencil 2. 

Anyone has any ideas or is this a bug? Cause the Evernote iOS update release notes from 2 weeks ago clearly states double tap feature should work.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

How about to use something like Goodnotes 5 (like I do) instead of hoping that anytime soon a real note taking solution will emerge from EN labs ?

If you follow the „Behind the scenes“ videos, you can see that the focus actually is not extending the line up, it is to make the existing product line bug free and more in line to each other. 

I do not expect any sound handwriting solution any time soon. But I would be happy if I were wrong ...

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

How about to use something like Goodnotes 5 (like I do) instead of hoping that anytime soon a real note taking solution will emerge from EN labs ?

If you follow the „Behind the scenes“ videos, you can see that the focus actually is not extending the line up, it is to make the existing product line bug free and more in line to each other. 

I do not expect any sound handwriting solution any time soon. But I would be happy if I were wrong ...

That would defeat the purpose of wanting to merge those features onto one platform. I currently use Notability, however one would want the sketch feature on EN to be slightly modified to offer more to utilize one platform. I’m hoping you are wrong and they see value in a simply writing platform for note taking with the Apple Pencil. 

• Level 5

Let us say I agree with you that it would be a very useful feature - because Windows (mostly) an Mac are not pen driven, and Linux is said to be around the corner, I just assume that such a feature is low on the backlog list.

Currently it would be a special development not falling into the „unify“ group of things to be done. Because pen integration is much different between the 3 platforms that can use it somehow, it would probably mean to have several development issues at the same time.