lagavulin1

ANSWERED Displaying PDF's in notes

Hi Guys.

New here. hope this is the correct place to ask.

A lot of Burocracy and documentation in my chosen country. My chosen strategy is to scan them and save as PDF (Canon printer/Scanner + Sony Vaio Laptop). Most of these go into EN for offline access on my Android phone

Question. Sometimes the PDF displays as an Icon in the note but oft times displays the content directly. The latter is easier for boarding passes, E tickets etc.

I cant work out how to ensure I always get a "Content displayed" PDF in my notes (I use Text notes).

Can anybody enlighten me ?

Appreciated   Paul.

Two questions: 1. Scan images and save as PDF? 2. How to download them to my computer?

I'm on a macbook. I scanned 30 pages of illustrations using my iphone app.  Evernote made them images - png files - and wouldn't allow me to convert them to PDFs. How to do so and how to download them? I uploaded them to my Google Drive and it only gave me the first page of files. 

2 hours ago, Charles Boisseau said:

I scanned 30 pages of illustrations using my iphone app.

Hi.  Was this Evernote or Scannable?  Both should allow you to save a scan as a PDF rather than an image,  but you have to do that when actually scanning.  Evernote doesn't have an option to convert files from one format to another.  Something I didn't say previously - image files are one page = one file,  while PDFs can contain many pages.

3 hours ago, Charles Boisseau said:

I'm on a macbook. I scanned 30 pages of illustrations using my iphone app.  Evernote made them images - png files - and wouldn't allow me to convert them to PDFs. 

Mac Option, right-click in the note contents > Convert Note2119405521_ScreenShot2019-01-14at14_40_07.png.5bb495fcea2e59f36507827fa07bfff3.png

>> 2. How to download them to my computer?

right-click the note in the note list > Save Attachments

280502114_ScreenShot2019-01-14at14_44_12.png.312e977a32d50d2217c131e2ecd48525.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Mac Option, right-click in the note contents > Convert Note

Wow - will that convert 30 attached images into one PDF?  Or is there a way to merge them (in order) into one PDF?

Windows doesn't do any of that... 🙁

10 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Wow - will that convert 30 attached images into one PDF?  Or is there a way to merge them (in order) into one PDF?

Windows doesn't do any of that... 🙁

Yep - you get a new note, single pdf with all the images

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Yep - you get a new note, single pdf with all the images

:envy:

• Haha 1