2019 EN still doesn't do the basics !

I'm one of the first user of Evernote when the app was created. The goal was "Going paperless".

Today, many, many many years after the first version of Evernote, there is still no way to scan a document (without using a special scanner and the plugin from EN). On the Mac, you have to use a third party App, scan documents, and import in Evernote... 😞

It's possible to take a picture on Android and on iOS. 
In Apple Overview you can import from Scanner, why can't you implement this function ? 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, vincentscar said:

there is still no way to scan a document (without using a special scanner and the plugin from EN). On the Mac, you have to use a third party App, scan documents, and import in Evernote...

Documents can be scanned using any scanner.  Not clear where the third party app comes in.

Importing is simple.  I save the document to an import folder for automatic import.  Drag and drop also works.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, vincentscar said:

Today, many, many many years after the first version of Evernote, there is still no way to scan a document (without using a special scanner and the plugin from EN).

That is incorrect.  For about 10 years I used a ScanSnap S300 (I believe) and it was easy to set up and create a profile to scan directly into Evernote.  I recently retired that and purchased the ScanSnap iX500 and it comes with an Evernote profile already included in their software.  The iX500 is an awesome scanner by the way and this is not the Evernote branded one, just Fujitsu's standard iX500.

You are all right !

Maybe I should have said "paperless and effortless".

Evernote has branded the Fujitsu scanner, (or you can buy a Fujitsu...). 

I'm using a Samsung multifunction printer and scanner. You can scan with the Apple app, and save as PDF and drag and drop in Evernote. All that works fine, it creates a JPG or PDF file. I use on step more to optimise the PDF because, at 150dpi and color it takes place on the hard drive (and sync when viewed on connected smartphones and tablets)  

I'm just wondering why there is no function in Evernote (without using the branded & unbranded Fujitsu scanner) "import from scanner", saving time and manipulations. When you have to scan one document or hundreds it makes a huge difference.

Archived