Headers in Notes

PJB1953

Idea

It would be great if Evernote had the ability to have Headers in the notes.  H1, H2, H3  would be terrific, but even just a single header type would be good.  The headers should be searchable.  As long as you're at it it would be great to make a table of contents from the headers so that if you click on the line in the contents table you go to that part in the note.    

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I moved your request from the Windows forum to the General forum.  
It's a cross-platform feature and may generate more user support.

There's other requests for format styles, and inner note link/anchors.  
So far Evernote hasn't indicated an interest in these features.

In the meantime, this is a common word processing feature and you can look at using word processing editors like Word/Pages.
The documents can be stored in a note as an attachment.

I've been using Google Docs and that handles the cosmetic aspects   but it adds extra steps  and is not searchable in the way I want.   Its best if its an internal function  especially when you're using Evernote as a note taking tool.  I want the headers to separate sessions in a lecture or topics in a meeting. 

I want headers with a link to the relevant para in long documents.

Is there an alternative product that offers this.

One current method that I occasionally use, is inserting a Word document in which it's possible to establish these links. But it's another step that should be unnecessary.

I have been a loyal Evernote person (and champion) since early 2010, but am disappointed with the lack of action from EN, in spite of numerous requests from EN users over years.

They might action something if they see a few users leaving?

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, affa44 said:

long documents.

I don't consider the Evernote editor the best tool for documents; more for notes which tend to be short.  Word/Pages is a berrer choice.

Here it is the doorstep of 2020, people have been asking for this for years and Evernote still hasn't added this.  But they updated their Logo!   

Come on Evernote you need to respond to the customers, you know, the people who pay you.