Google login is broken on Evernote Windows (Surface Pro)

• Level 5*

Do you have a Keyboard to attach? Or can you start another app like notepad and type you user I’d and password there then paste them in via press and hold on the screen?

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, using a new-to-me Dell 2-in-1 device (provided through a corporate setting) that is similar to a Surface. I've tried the following things, and none of them allowed me to type in that specific box:

• restart Evernote application
  • restart device
  • disconnect and reconnect keyboard
  • disconnect keyboard, switch to tablet mode, and try the onscreen keyboard
  • type in another box, copy, and paste into affected box using keyboard command
  • type in another box, copy, and paste into affected box using "long-press" right-click menu via touchscreen
  • type in another box, copy, and paste into affected box using right-click menu via touchpad (more specifically, the mouse cursor disappears when moved over any of the Evernote windows when the affected window is open)

In all of those instances, even if the cursor was in the box, typing or attempting to paste text did nothing. There was no error message, no flash of content...just nothing happening at all when keys/buttons were pressed.

The workaround I finally implemented was to turn off sign-in via Google for my Evernote account:

1. Open Evernote app on smartphone
  2. Go to settings
  3. Choose "+ Connected Accounts"
  4. Turn off the switch labeled "Sign in with Google"

I had to follow instructions to set a password for my account, then I was able to use that new password to login with the Evernote windows application -- avoiding the windows application's broken "Login Via Google" box.

(I'm just getting started with Evernote so I don't really expect to come back to the forum to assist with more trial and error, sorry. Hopefully I've left enough information to help other affected users workaround and developers open a ticket.)

Archived