(Archived) What's the point?

I found evernote because it was listed as one of the top 25 apps for Palm Pre. I loaded it up and created a few notes and was quite impressed.

Today I put together a big list of stuff that I needed at the store, I did a sync on the phone to make sure the list was there and then set off. Once at the store, I fired up evernote to look at my list. There was no data reception available in the area, so evernote was unable to connect and I couldn't get access to my list.

What is the point of a "Sync" option that doesn't actually sync? Anyway it would be a great app if it actually created notes and stored them. In reality, it is just a web browser that can only look at the evernote website and constantly uses my phones data plan when there should be no need.

If and when it becomes possible to actually store notes on the phone, it will be a useful app. For now, it's just a web interface and a waste of space on my phone.

Does anyone know of a similar app that actually stores the data on the phone?

I don't have a Palm Pre, but on the iPhone there is an option to have local folders.

This means that when it synchs it copies your note to your device, that way you don't need any connectivity to view them on the device. Also, if you add to or change the notes on the device when you next synch the notes inthe cloud are updated.

Not all mobile versions of EN are the same at the moment, but they are working on getting them all to be of equal capability/functionality. If this feature isn't int he Palm pre i would expect it to appear soon.

Not all mobile versions of EN are the same at the moment, but they are working on getting them all to be of equal capability/functionality. If this feature isn't int he Palm pre i would expect it to appear soon.

If you've read Evernote's response in at least one other thread, we absolutely have no reason to believe that such functionality, not to mention fixes for very real current issues, can be expected to "appear soon." Apparently, Evernote is waiting to see what happens to webOS "post-HP" before it decides to even fix outstanding issues, let along introduce new functionality. And so, if you haven't already committed to Evernote as your note-taking tool, and if webOS support is important to you, then you might want to read through these posts to make sure that you're comfortable that you'll get support in the future.

I want to believe that Evernote will stand behind their webOS customers. However, I'm growing increasingly disillusioned about the prospects.

I was para-phrasing what I heard in a recent podcast, that currently the iPhone mobile app is the best EN mobile app experience at the moment but that was goingt o change, they said they were going to bring the other mobile experiences as close to that standard as they can, the different platforms and screen sizes and processing powers etc. notwithstanding.

I was para-phrasing what I heard in a recent podcast, that currently the iPhone mobile app is the best EN mobile app experience at the moment but that was goingt o change, they said they were going to bring the other mobile experiences as close to that standard as they can, the different platforms and screen sizes and processing powers etc. notwithstanding.

From what I've seen written on this forum, however, I think "other mobile experiences" must mean "Android." So far, I've seen absolutely nothing--not even simple bug fixes--to make me believe that they have any intention of further supporting webOS. Unless, of course, they're convinced of the platform's viability "post-HP."

Like most developers, we've temporarily put our WebOS project on the back burner while we wait to see what's going on with HP/Palm/etc.

We'd all love to see the Pre platform succeed, but the numbers haven't lived up to expectations so far (http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/17/evernote-4-million/).

Dave,

I'll say again what I've said elsewhere on the forum. Refusing to add new features is one thing, although shortsighted and an affront to your loyal webOS users. Refusing to fix bugs, however, is another. It's downright irresponsible. If you're putting the webOS client "on the back burner," then make that announcement and remove it from the App Catalog. Keeping it in the catalog while refusing to fix data-losing bugs is unbelievable, frankly.

Archived