Checkbox as Elimination Tool

Steve Brock

Idea

I wrote about this 9 months ago.  I'm trying again.  

The current checkbox is a pretty frail item.  It does nothing but toggle on or off.  As a list organizing tool, it's just about at the Commodore 64 level (look it up, young'uns!).

I've seen other comments on this, and it can't be all that difficult:

1. Offer the option to gray out and strike through words or phrases that follow the checkbox when it is "checked."
  2. Offer the option to resort the list, placing checked checkboxes to the bottom of the list.

Why, oh why, doesn't this seem obvious to you? 

Do we need to Crowdfund this simple device?  C'mon!

Thank you very much. 

Would Tuesday be too soon?

Steve Brock

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't believe Evernote ever set out to become a 'to-do' app,  though in the face of repeated requests from users,  they did add the checkbox feature.  If the number of votes your request gets here suggests that broadening this out to greying out text and/ or resorting lists is a popular idea,  then it might happen in due course.  Meantime I dare say Evernote have an ongoing schedule of maintenance and development work in various operating systems and on various devices to keep them busy for a year or two.  Unless they already planned and developed a new feature,  Tuesday would be a little soon...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Steve Brock said:

I wrote about this 9 months ago.  I'm trying again.  

Please don't make repeated requests for the same feature (your other request is here: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112971-checkbox-check-strikethrough-of-copy-that-follows/?page=0#comment-501762). Once is enough (or better still, find a feature request that asks for the same thing, and add your vote/rationale to that. Here's a hint, you're not alone). See the Forum Rules of Conduct, #7.

Archived