How to select multiple notebooks in Windows 10?

R31415

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, R31415 said:

In Windows 10 I cannot select multiple notes by control + left click. Also shift + left click does not work.

How can I select multiple notes in Evernote?

You should be able to select notes using Shift or Ctrl and left click, from the note list.  If not, do a File - Exit from EN and restart.  If that doesn't work try rebooting your PC.

9 hours ago, CalS said:

You should be able to select notes using Shift or Ctrl and left click, from the note list.  If not, do a File - Exit from EN and restart.  If that doesn't work try rebooting your PC.

I did all of those but it did not work. In the file explorer I can easily select multiple files, however, in Evernote so far I was not successful.

Just to clarify further, I do not want to select multiple notes within a notebook. I want to select several notebooks, the notebooks that are in stack together.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, R31415 said:

I did all of those but it did not work. In the file explorer I can easily select multiple files, however, in Evernote so far I was not successful.

Just to clarify further, I do not want to select multiple notes within a notebook. I want to select several notebooks, the notebooks that are in stack together.

Just to be sure, are you using the browser app or the desktop app?  You can't multi select using the browser app.

35 minutes ago, CalS said:

Just to be sure, are you using the browser app or the desktop app?  You can't multi select using the browser app.

I am using the software for Windows 10. I also reinstalled Evernote but I cannot select multiple notebooks yet.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, R31415 said:

I am using the software for Windows 10. I also reinstalled Evernote but I cannot select multiple notebooks yet.

Geez, my bad!!!  I misread your post, I was referring to notes  You cannot select multiple notebooks in EN using Shift or Ctrl with left click.  You can organize notebooks in a stack to simulate the grouping, but that's about it.  And that is not a particularly dynamic way to do it.  Sorry for my confusion.

45 minutes ago, CalS said:

Geez, my bad!!!  I misread your post, I was referring to notes  You cannot select multiple notebooks in EN using Shift or Ctrl with left click.  You can organize notebooks in a stack to simulate the grouping, but that's about it.  And that is not a particularly dynamic way to do it.  Sorry for my confusion.

I have many notebooks that I do not need anymore. If I cannot select them and delete them, how else can I get rid of them? It takes time to delete them individually.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, R31415 said:

I have many notebooks that I do not need anymore. If I cannot select them and delete them, how else can I get rid of them? It takes time to delete them individually.

I think one at a time is how it has to be done.  You can add those you want to delete to a stack in the meantime if you want to clean up the list a bit.  Still will have to highlight - Del - Ok though.

Archived