saving attachments - looking for optimal process

Banksy

Idea

last post...I promise...   

When I save attachments, I first save the file to the desktop, then create a note, pull the attachment in to Evernote (Evernote/Databases/Attachments), then go back and delete the original off the desktop to avoid multiple copies.  Is there any advantage by saving the file directly to the Evernote folder where attachments are saved, or will that lead to issues? I'm looking for any process improvements - and thank you to the community in advance - Have a Great Holiday!!  Mike

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

There's no problem with posting questions in the forum; your posts are welcome.

Using Evernote in Windows/Mac, we can set up designated Import folders.
Files moved to this folder automatically create a note, and get deleted

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004967-How-to-create-import-folders-in-Evernote-for-Windows

>>Is there any advantage by saving the file directly to the Evernote folder where attachments are saved

Attachment files are imported into Evernote and stored within the Evernote database.  There is no separate attachment folder.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Banksy said:

s there any advantage by saving the file directly to the Evernote folder where attachments are saved, or will that lead to issues?

Windows perspective, you don't want to use the attachments folder in any fashion, it is a temp folder that EN uses when the attachment is opened in its native app from within EN.  In fact, it's a good idea to periodically purge the contents of the attachments folder within EN.  It doesn't always clean itself up like it should.

Per @DTLow, best bet is to create an import folder using Tools - Import Folders to get attachments into EN.  If you have something sitting on the desktop though, you can drag it into the notebook list and a new note will be created in the notebook of context.

.ScreenClip.png.527247668bd7164ba2e55eac2149c2b4.png

Archived