Better file attachment management iOS

VDo

Idea

Hi, 

I have been an Evernote user since 2008 and a Premium user since many years. 

I have to say that I am very satisfied with what Evernote has become. I use it for my personal as well as professional life, and also use Cronofy for calendar reminders sync. I use Evernote for macOS as well as Evernote for iOS on and iPhoneX and iPad Pro 12.9 second generation.

I think the only thing that limit the iOS use is the lack of way to easily go through attached files. When multiple files are attached, it is not efficient to click on an icon (let’s say a pdf file) that the « whole » file length is not shown, scroll through it, then hit the X, and hit the second attached file icon, scroll through it, etc... I would like something like a mix of Spark, Readdle Documents, Pdf Expert and Dropbox Paper app.

Dropbox paper: The first page of the document attached appears inline so you can rapidly see what’s the content. The first frame of a videoclip will also be embedded within the note.

Spark: When multiple files are attached to a mail, you can rapidly scroll within a document by scrolling up and down and between documents by scrolling left and right. There is also an option to rapidly see a list of all the attached files to jump to whatever file you want to see.

Documents and PDF Expert: They have a really nice and efficient file browser.

I think features « à la » Dropbox Paper and Spark would really improve productivity on iOS devices. Documents and PDF Expert are probably too complex to implement.

Last thing, when I drag and drop a file out of Evernote, the filename is lost so you always have to rename the file that is cumbersome.

Photos attached to explain.

Sincerely.

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0327.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0323.jpeg

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived