jgcordes

ANSWERED Email to Evernote failing

Moderately often I use the special email to Evernote capability [I'm on Windows 10, Evernote 6.16.4.8094 - the latest, as far as I know]. Today I have tried 3 times to send to my evernote email account and it has not shown up, either locally or on the web. I'm on a paid Evernote account.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or know of a fix?

Thanks

John

It's not a feaure I use but I just tested.  It was successful, with little delay
Note - It's a server function; internet access is required along with sync

Thanks for checking. Your success inspired me to try again with two different messages. The one I have been trying to get through still doesn't appear, but it has worked OK with the 2nd message. I'll workaround this for now by creating a new note and using copy/paste. There's absolutely nothing 'strange' about the 1st note - no reason at all that I can see why it should be rejected.

I have the same problem. Certain emails that I wish to forward, never arrive. But others can be sent without problems.

I find this to be a problem at times too. It's not always reliable. I have a Mac an iPhone, and an iPad pro, and use Evernote on all of them. I love Evernote!

@DebR @hpuype @jgcordes

Thank you for reaching out!

While you should be able to freely email notes into your Evernote Account with your Premium Subscription, there are some limitations.

First, there is a limit of 200 emails per day that can be emailed into an Evernote Account for Plus/Premium users. (Generally, users don't encounter this issue unless they are using some sort of auto-forwarding that sends a high volume of emails into their Evernote Account an a daily basis)

Next, there is the note size limit of 50 mb for Plus users, and 200 mb for Premium users. Meaning, if the size of the email that is being sent to the Evernote Account exceeds those limits, the emailed note cannot be created.

Also, there is the email client size limit, which varies per email client. For example, Gmail has a 25 mb limit on attachments. If you are exceeding that limit, then the email will not be successfully sent to the Evernote service, and will not appear as a note in your Evernote Account.

Please check to see that the emails you're sending meet these criteria, and certainly let me know if you're still encountering issues or have any questions!

In my case, I might send an email (possibly two) once every few weeks. They would be very small texts -- under 50 KB for sure. I do not know of any reason for these to be rejected. The email messages I do send to Evernote are to do with genealogy.

I am having a similar issue. I regularly send email to Evernote notebooks. But for some reason, now only some emails are correctly sent to the Notebook designated in the Subject Line (@notebook name). Others go to my default notebook. I'm a premium user. This has not been a problem before, and now it is a persistent issue. I use Spaces, and I had a tech tell that the email function won't work for notebooks in Spaces, but it was working fine before last week. Frustrating and I may have to use a different service as I cannot afford to send and reorganize every day.

It's rare to come across an email message with no HTML these days. I cannot now say for sure what was in the messages which did not come through to Evernote. I did send a message to Evernote today which came through fine -- it was in plain text as I recall. 

Understood and thanks for checking.

Do you have a copy of one of the emails that did not generate a note properly?

If yes, could you try disabling 'auto-filing', then retry sending that email and see if the issue still occurs?

I don't know exactly which email(s) failed when I wrote about the problem on 19 Dec 2018. I have just tried 3 candidate messages, mailing again to my Evernote account (w/out changing my settings) -- all of them have appeared! So unless I can think of, or remember, something else I have to give up trying for now.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:28 PM, Shane D. said:

@DebR @hpuype @jgcordes

Thank you for reaching out!

While you should be able to freely email notes into your Evernote Account with your Premium Subscription, there are some limitations.

I am a premium user.
I only send a few emails maximum per day.
These are small email messages, not even 1 mb.
And yes, still having this problem.

Kind regards,

Hans