Is there a shortcut to search notes without clearing context?

What I try to do is this:

1. Ctr + q, to search for a certain tag.

2. [short-cut needed] to put cursor in search the "Search notes" field, so that I can search notes having the tag found in step 1. 

"Shift + Windows + f" or F6 does not work because they clear the context. I know that I can change the behavior of "Shift + Windows + f" and F6 to not clear the context, but this will not work for me because I still need "Shift + Windows + f" and F6 to clear the context sometimes. 

To put in another way: I am looking for a  way to have:

• A short-cut which searches notes within the context

AND 

• A short-cut which searches notes globally (which clears the context)

I am using Evernote desktop client for Windows 10.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, rasmuslarsen said:

What I try to do is this:

1. Ctr + q, to search for a certain tag.

2. [short-cut needed] to put cursor in search the "Search notes" field, so that I can search notes having the tag found in step 1. 

"Shift + Windows + f" or F6 does not work because they clear the context. I know that I can change the behavior of "Shift + Windows + f" and F6 to not clear the context, but this will not work for me because I still need "Shift + Windows + f" and F6 to clear the context sometimes. 

To put in another way: I am looking for a  way to have:

• A short-cut which searches notes within the context

AND 

• A short-cut which searches notes globally (which clears the context)

I am using Evernote desktop client for Windows 10.

Per @gustavgi, under Tools - Options - Search un-check Clear context on search and then F6 will not clear context.  Ctrl+Q if you want a clean slate.  Short cuts exist, maybe not how you wold want them to look?

Archived