Ginger Singh

ANSWERED Limit on number of template I can save?

Hello,I am trying to utilize several templates in my work, but when I went to save a template just now, I got a message "You've reached the limit of 20 templates."  I am a premium user, and cannot find any language about limits on the number of templates I can save.  Any ideas?  I love templates, and the limit of 20 is, well, quite limiting!!

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The Evernote limits are identified here  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247-Evernote-system-limits

fwiw  My templates are stored as a collection of notes identified by tag: !Template
           I've automated processing with scripting (Mac).  Duplicate Note also works.

Thanks! 

What is confusing is that on the "How to use Templates" page, the language used under how to save templates is: " Repeat this for as many templates as you’d like to save."  No limit is mentioned anywhere on any of the template pages.  Maybe it is in the videos, but I cannot listen to those, so I need to read text. 

Thanks again.

VA

The limit of 20 template is not going to work when Evernote is encouraging us to save templates from the latest email.  How about lifting the limit?

• Like 1

Hi @Terri Thank you for reaching out!

As @DTLow and @gazumped mentioned, the limit for templates that can be saved is currently 20.

However, I'm happy to let you know that we are currently in the process of increasing that limit.

While I don't have specifics, we are working to implement this as soon as we are able.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions!

• Like 2

Any news on the template limit yet ?

As templates to create personal notes, 20 seems a lot, but if you want to create workflows to standardize how  information is processed, it is little.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:14 PM, PinkElephant said:

Any news on the template limit yet ?

I've not seen any more up to date limits - options are still to copy/ duplicate an existing note,  or use a template exported to ENEX.

I too need more templates, I'm a Premium User, and I don't understand why I can't have more templates. The templates shouldn't be taking up any more room than a note with a PDF.

1 hour ago, Lagomorph said:

I too need more templates,

Hi.  Are copy/ duplicate or saving to your desktop not options?  I agree it would be good to have the chance to save more into Evernote,  but I already have a set of templates I created before this feature was available,  and they work fine for me.  Changes to Evernote do take time to work their way through the system,  and there are other priorities - I'm sure we'll hear when the limit is raised.