Nick L.

Evernote for Mac 7.7

Idea

Hey folks,

Evernote 7.7 is now available to download. You can get it here. Please continue to share your experience and feedback. 

Improved:

• You said you love Dark Mode, so we're polishing it up to make it even better.
  • We made a few tweaks under the hood so you can now type faster than ever.
  • We've made it easier to see if something isn't right when creating notebooks. We don't like error messages any more than you, but wouldn't you rather know?
  • So, you like centering text? We brought back the keyboard shortcut to make it easier for you.
  • Now when you export notes as a backup, it won't include the ones in the trash. Because you probably trashed them for a reason, right?

Fixed:

• We took care of a few annoying issues with Dark Mode.

Known issues:

• Spotlight search not working for Mojave users
  • Text appears fuzzy on non retina displays.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 replies to this idea

Fixed: Search highlighting scrolling issue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It still the same and only the useless green share button in tooltip after 3 months.

It is that difficult to let user customize and decide their tooltips? 

I really regret updating to version 7.5. 

It reduce an ruins my productivity :(

I think I won't update to the latest version immediately anymore for preventing this kind of tragedy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vincent Noel said:

FWIW this bug is still present in 7.7

Thanks. We have a ticket open about this and should be addressing it soon. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 3:16 PM, Nick L. said:

Known issues:

• Spotlight search not working for Mojave users
  • Text appears fuzzy on non retina displays.

Thanks for posting these issues.  It is very helpful to those of us the greatly depend on Evernote in many workflows we use each day.

Sorry, but these are showstoppers for me.  I can't upgrade until they are fixed.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:46 PM, JMichaelTX said:

Thanks for posting these issues.  It is very helpful to those of us the greatly depend on Evernote in many workflows we use each day.

Sorry, but these are showstoppers for me.  I can't upgrade until they are fixed.

Yes, it is a stopper problem for me too! but I have upgraded to 7.7, and can't downgrade to 7.6.

Evernote should fix the bug ASAP.

• Like 1

So, I'm still running Evernote 6.12, since I've heard not very good things about the Evernote 7 UI. The above doesn't give me much confidence. Things I value in my current version include:

• Compact left sidebar with expandable/collapsible notebook tree AND expandable/collapsible tag tree
  • Middle panel with a compact/dense list of notes, with just one line of text each ("side list view") that I can sort in diverse ways

Does Evernote 7.7 retain those aspects while improving (or at least not degrading) functionality elsewhere?

13 minutes ago, 2fifty6 said:

Does Evernote 7.7 retain those aspects

• Compact left sidebar with expandable/collapsible notebook tree AND expandable/collapsible tag tree
  • Middle panel with a compact/dense list of notes, with just one line of text each ("side list view") that I can sort in diverse ways

Yes  

>>while improving (or at least not degrading) functionality elsewhere?

I'm not experiencing serious problems but you should review the feedback.  
If the reports are a concern for you, don't  upgrade. 

16 hours ago, 2fifty6 said:

So, I'm still running Evernote 6.12, since I've heard not very good things about the Evernote 7 UI.

I too am in a wait mode for Evernote to produce an update without material bugs/bad UI.  I'm running Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.12.6.