Evernote for Mac 7.7

Nick L.

Idea

Hey folks,

Evernote 7.7 is now available to download. You can get it here. Please continue to share your experience and feedback. 

Improved:

• You said you love Dark Mode, so we're polishing it up to make it even better.
  • We made a few tweaks under the hood so you can now type faster than ever.
  • We've made it easier to see if something isn't right when creating notebooks. We don't like error messages any more than you, but wouldn't you rather know?
  • So, you like centering text? We brought back the keyboard shortcut to make it easier for you.
  • Now when you export notes as a backup, it won't include the ones in the trash. Because you probably trashed them for a reason, right?

Fixed:

• We took care of a few annoying issues with Dark Mode.

Known issues:

• Spotlight search not working for Mojave users
  • Text appears fuzzy on non retina displays.

12 replies to this idea

It still the same and only the useless green share button in tooltip after 3 months.

It is that difficult to let user customize and decide their tooltips? 

I really regret updating to version 7.5. 

It reduce an ruins my productivity :(

I think I won't update to the latest version immediately anymore for preventing this kind of tragedy.

• Level 5*
On 12/18/2018 at 3:16 PM, Nick L. said:

Known issues:

• Spotlight search not working for Mojave users
  • Text appears fuzzy on non retina displays.

Thanks for posting these issues.  It is very helpful to those of us the greatly depend on Evernote in many workflows we use each day.

Sorry, but these are showstoppers for me.  I can't upgrade until they are fixed.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:46 PM, JMichaelTX said:

Thanks for posting these issues.  It is very helpful to those of us the greatly depend on Evernote in many workflows we use each day.

Sorry, but these are showstoppers for me.  I can't upgrade until they are fixed.

Yes, it is a stopper problem for me too! but I have upgraded to 7.7, and can't downgrade to 7.6.

Evernote should fix the bug ASAP.

So, I'm still running Evernote 6.12, since I've heard not very good things about the Evernote 7 UI. The above doesn't give me much confidence. Things I value in my current version include:

• Compact left sidebar with expandable/collapsible notebook tree AND expandable/collapsible tag tree
  • Middle panel with a compact/dense list of notes, with just one line of text each ("side list view") that I can sort in diverse ways

Does Evernote 7.7 retain those aspects while improving (or at least not degrading) functionality elsewhere?

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, 2fifty6 said:

Does Evernote 7.7 retain those aspects

• Compact left sidebar with expandable/collapsible notebook tree AND expandable/collapsible tag tree
  • Middle panel with a compact/dense list of notes, with just one line of text each ("side list view") that I can sort in diverse ways

Yes  

>>while improving (or at least not degrading) functionality elsewhere?

I'm not experiencing serious problems but you should review the feedback.  
If the reports are a concern for you, don't  upgrade. 

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, 2fifty6 said:

So, I'm still running Evernote 6.12, since I've heard not very good things about the Evernote 7 UI.

I too am in a wait mode for Evernote to produce an update without material bugs/bad UI.  I'm running Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.12.6.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, Kunlun said:

Yes, it is a stopper problem for me too! but I have upgraded to 7.7, and can't downgrade to 7.6.

Evernote should fix the bug ASAP.

Holy cow I just updated from 7.5 and boy I wish I didn't! It looks so unclear on my secondary, non-retina display. and I can't downgrade. Yay!

At the very least they should've left the databases backwards compatible... but conversely, what if I entirely delete the evernote storage, then run 7.6 (or 7.5) as a fresh/clean installation? 

• Ex Employees

Correct, using a 3rd party application like App Cleaner to remove all Evernote files will enable you to run an earlier version of the application. Keep in mind before doing this any unsynced notes or local notebooks will be removed after this so make sure to back up this content before proceeding.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, TripleYoThreat said:

At the very least they should've left the databases backwards compatible... but conversely, what if I entirely delete the evernote storage, then run 7.6 (or 7.5) as a fresh/clean installation? 

I recommend the fresh/clean installation, and as per @Jay-Bob, the app App Cleaner

Your installation consists of various components; app, database, ....
You may get away with some components at v7.7, others at 7.6, but its better to have all the components at the same version.

fwiw  The master database is stored on the Evernote servers.
           It's "backwards compatible" with the software versions on our desktops

Archived