Hey,

I have my tags organized by type.  For the last little while, the tag headings have been getting added to my notes.  When I delete the tag, it reappears.  Anyone have any idea what's going on.  It is completely possible I have somehow turned on some sort of automatic tagging without realizing it,  but I can't seem to find a way out of it.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, jleblanc said:

Hey,

I have my tags organized by type.  For the last little while, the tag headings have been getting added to my notes.  When I delete the tag, it reappears.  Anyone have any idea what's going on.  It is completely possible I have somehow turned on some sort of automatic tagging without realizing it,  but I can't seem to find a way out of it.

If you are using the EN Web Clipper go to settings and make sure Smart Filing isn't checked under the notebook and tag section.

Also, Check under Tools - Options - Note and see if Assign selected tags to new notes is checked.  This can come in handy if you want new notes to have the same tags as a current search.  Otherwise you can un-check it.

• 10 months later...

Is there a way that I can add automatically a tag when I choose for a specific notebook? 

What I found useful with tags is the color that appears in each note in the note list. I cannot get that same line color when I change the style of the notebook. 

I want to use this when creating reminders in my android through the reminder widget. Though in that widget I cannot choose the tag, only the notebook. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, pansovic said:

Is there a way that I can add automatically a tag when I choose for a specific notebook? 

The Filterize service has an automatic tagging feature for Evernote notes

I use scripting on a Mac (Applescript)