Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
hafeesh

Feature Request - intitle: Permanent Option to search only titles of note

Idea

I don't want to type intitle: always.

Please add the option to search only the title of the note in search settings PERMANENTLY.

I am a paid user.

Thank you.

11 replies to this idea

50 minutes ago, hafeesh said:

I am a paid user.

Note that for most issues here, it doesn't matter whether you are a paid user or not (bugs should be fixed or suggestions noted regardless of a user's subscription type), but you don't need to mention it in your posts, as your subscription type is noted in your user information to the left of any of your posts (yours' says "Subscription:PREMIUM").

50 minutes ago, hafeesh said:

Please add the option to search only the title of the note in search settings PERMANENTLY.

So you're saying that you want this in Tools / Options / Search? Something like a checkbox labeled "Search only note titles for text terms", or something like that?

Just for information,  and pending Evernote being able to consider this as an option at some point in the future,  I use a "text-expander" - Phrase Express (although it does WAY more than just expand short codes into longer words and phrases) to insert the date and time in my notes in various formats,  and to insert other words and phrases to avoid repetitive typing. 

I haven't tested it with the search box,  buy I'd imagine you could set up a range of Ctrl+<key> shortcut to generate search terms like intitle: as necessary.

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

I haven't tested it with the search box,  buy I'd imagine you could set up a range of Ctrl+<key> shortcut to generate search terms like intitle: as necessary.

Indeed you can.  Ctrl+Shift+I  Shift+Alt+I wraps intitle:”......” around whatever I have in the search box. 

Edited by CalS
Wrong hot key entered
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hafeesh said:

I moved this discussion to the Feature Request Forum655554051_ScreenShot2018-12-14at08_04_33.png.92f04a51208d4ac09525eb23622176e0.png

Evernote/Mac has a search builder feature.
There's no intitle option. I find it easy to just type the search term

As per the others, I'd use scripting if this was a serious concern.
Also, there are also other search terms to be addressed

44 minutes ago, CalS said:

Indeed you can.  Ctrl+Shift+I wraps intitle:”......” around whatever I have in the search box. 

Hmmn.  Shift/Ctrl/I on my keyboard opens the "info" panel on the currently selected note!  -Which is something useful I didn't know (or didn't remember knowing) too. 

A few more PE codes need to be entered this weekend I think...  🤫

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  Shift/Ctrl/I on my keyboard opens the "info" panel on the currently selected note!  -Which is something useful I didn't know (or didn't remember knowing) too. 

A few more PE codes need to be entered this weekend I think...  🤫

intitle:"Brainfa$#".  Shift+Alt+I is my hotkey.  Thanks, will fix the above.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, jefito said:

Note that for most issues here, it doesn't matter whether you are a paid user or not (bugs should be fixed or suggestions noted regardless of a user's subscription type), but you don't need to mention it in your posts, as your subscription type is noted in your user information to the left of any of your posts (yours' says "Subscription:PREMIUM").

So you're saying that you want this in Tools / Options / Search? Something like a checkbox labeled "Search only note titles for text terms", or something like that?

Yes , I need such an option

Using AutoHotkey, entering two short characters (either qq or qv) gives me the desired search (after first copying the search string) .  This is is the code I use:

:*:qq::intitle:^v
:*:qv::intitle:"^v"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Using AutoHotkey, entering two short characters (either qq or qv) gives me the desired search (after first copying the search string) .  This is is the code I use:

:*:qq::intitle:^v
:*:qv::intitle:"^v"

Ctrl+Alt+I puts Intitle:" on the front and " on the end of whatever I have in the search bar.  PhraseExpress is my tool of choice.  Term turns in Intitle:"Term".

1 hour ago, CalS said:

Ctrl+Alt+I puts Intitle:" on the front and " on the end of whatever I have in the search bar.  PhraseExpress is my tool of choice.  Term turns in Intitle:"Term".

Do you mean copy is automatic with that code?

1 hour ago, Don Dz said:

Do you mean copy is automatic with that code?

Not with the above phrase, it just wraps intitle around whatever is in the search bar. 

However, I also have a hotkey (Ctrl+<minus sign>) which places any text I've highlighted into the search bar in All Notes context, no matter what app the text appears in.  Easy enough to add the Intitle phrase to the end of it to get an intitle search for whatever the highlighted text may be.  Just haven't had the need.