Annotated picture disappears

This bug began maybe 2 months ago. I am on Evernote: 6.16.4.8094 (308094) Public (CE Build ce-58.1.6897)

What happens:

1. I annotate a picture and exit (the annotations are often saved, but sometimes not)
  2. I right-click that picture again, but the wrong menu appears. I expect a menu which include the option "Annotate this image", but a smaller menu appears.
  3. I close the note
  4. Reopen the note 
  5. The picture is gone.

To get the picture again I either:

• Go to note history and restore the note (If I'm lucky the it has saved a sufficiently new version)
  • BUT (and this is the strange thing), I can also click "File" -> "Save attachments", and the picture is then among the saved attachments. 

It surely is strange that a picture which is not in the note (because it went missing) appears when the attachments are saved.

If anyone has this experience or any ideas to solve it, please chime in :)

I have the exact same issue as rasmuslarsen' s numbers 1-5. I am working in Windows 7 6.16.4.8094 (308094) Public (CE Build ce-58.1.6897).

If the annotation does not save correctly, the image can no longer be annotated and the old image will sometimes disappear. Most of the time the old image version stays visible but, like rasmuslarsen said, a smaller menu shows up without the "annotate this image" option. When this happens all the other options on this smaller menu also become disabled. The only choice is to retake and reinsert the image to start over.

I have same issue where sometimes in my MAC, annotate image option appears and sometimes it doesn't. It is not reliable at all. I cannot waste my time like this in annotating an image. It should show the annotate image option every time I right click and let me do it. But there is no pattern as to when it disappears but happens very frequently. 

Hello,

Same thing with Evernote Version 7.7 (457390 App Store) Éditeur: 59.0.7031 (d523909) on Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.4.

I have a Plus Member account.

Since one month I can't annotate images anymore. The option doesnt' appear when I right click on new images, and even on previously annotated images.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Shane D. said:

To clarify, is this occurring with any images?

I saw this behavior this morning.  

1. I created a new note with a 2x4 table in it.
  2. I dragged an image into the upper left cell
  3. I added text to the other cells.
  4. I right clicked on the image and selected annotate.
  5. I cropped the image.
  6. When I closed the annotation window the image had disappeared from the table in the note.
On 12/26/2018 at 8:47 PM, Shane D. said:

@rasmuslarsen @mr-babilo 

Or, is this occurring with PDFs specifically?

Please let me know as we are currently working to address the PDF annotation issue, and want to make sure it isn't affecting other file/image types.

Thanks!

Hello Shane,

Yes, it occurs with all images. Recently, I tried to reinstall Evernote and It seems to be Ok now.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 8:47 PM, Shane D. said:

@rasmuslarsen @mr-babilo 

Or, is this occurring with PDFs specifically?

Please let me know as we are currently working to address the PDF annotation issue, and want to make sure it isn't affecting other file/image types.

Thanks!

Thanks. This is not specific to PDFs. 

I have had this same problem with the current version, as well as the previous version of Evernote. My experience with this issue has only been with pdfs, I don't annotate images. I agree that it did seem to show up somewhere around version 6.16

If it helps, I have been using this older version of Evernote while awaiting new updates, and it does not have the issue:

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/114910-evernote-for-windows-613-ga/?page=0#comment-510273

Archived