ruiguerreiro

Search inside notes with Spotlight

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible to search the contents of a note, like a PDF, for example, using OSX built-in search Spotlight. I am able to find notes by their title and written content, but I never get any matches for words that I know are in a specific PDF inside a note. I know that Evernote does OCR for PDFs, so I assumed it somehow shared this information with Spotlight, as I get matches when I search inside of Evernote, but apparently it doesn't. Or am I missing something?

Thank you so much.

• Like 1

hi @ruiguerreiro,

Spotlight search will only locate notes based on titles or text written inside the note itself. To search within PDFs and documents, you have to use Evernote's search. Just to let you know, if you're using Mojave we have an issue with Spotlight search not finding notes at this time, but we're working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible

Thanks!

Hi @Nick L.,

I thought that would be the case. Do you think this might be a new feature of Evernote in the future? That would be great.

Anyway, thank you so much.

Rui

18 hours ago, ruiguerreiro said:

Do you think this might be a new feature of Evernote in the future? That would be great.

I agree.  Please add Spotlight search of Note attachments.