Need to upgrade to delete an empty folder?

I've recently dropped the premium version of Evernote after using it since 2008 so this is my first go around with the limitations. Forgive me if I sound ignorant but how does deleting an empty folder put me over the limit?

a1.png

I'm no where near my limit, as you can see:

a2.png

The folder is empty but I still required to upgrade to delete it. I'm sure I understand why that is the case.

Thanks for the assistance!

• Level 5

When you say "folder," do you mean notebook? It does seem strange that deleting a notebook would cause this problem. However, if you only recently deleted every note in that notebook, and then immediately tried to delete the folder, I can see that Evernote would understand this as a request to sync all of those notes (since a "notebook" is essentially an attribute ascribed to a note), and that could cause the issue. I only offer that on the basis of vague recollections of what I've seen in these forums, not personal knowledge or experience.

OTOH, the message suggests that you need need to increase the maximum size of a single note, not the amount of data you can sync over the course of a month. So there I'm kind of stumped.

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, TechGuy said:

put me over the limit?

As per @Dave-in-Decatur, the error message indicates a sync problem with an oversized note.

Be aware that the Trash is also sync'd.

Try emptying the Trash before syncing.

Yes, you are right, it's a notebook.

Going off what everyone was suggesting, I cleared my Trash and resynced. I ended up using under a megabyte:

a3.png

Still getting the same message when trying to delete the empty notebook.

Thank you!

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, TechGuy said:

Any identification of the note causing the error - check the activity log

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TechGuy said:

Yes, you are right, it's a notebook.

Going off what everyone was suggesting, I cleared my Trash and resynced. I ended up using under a megabyte:

a3.png

Thank you!

Delete the notebook from the web. That should avoid any local client side syncing that would cause a problem due to size. 

Archived