Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
BFAC687A-DCCA-4316-AC09-50

Exclude Notebook from Search (Saved Search)

Idea

Hi there,

How can I exclude a notebook from a search, or from a Saved Search, more specifically?

I searched around and found ways to exclude notes that are tagged, but this doesn't work for me, because I have notebooks that are shared with me, and I can't add tags to those notes, because I'm not the creator or owner of those notebooks.  The notebooks that are shared with me contain sensitive information that I do not want anyone to see, so  I do not want content from these shared notebooks showing up in my searches.

There are a lot of times I open Evernote on a computer that is presenting to a room full of people during a meeting, and when I'm trying to find something and I don't remember what notebook it is in, I click on All Notes, but then everyone in the meeting can see sensitive notes in plain site...  very frustrating.  I want to create an "All Notes 2" that contains all notes, except for those that are in specific notebooks.

2 replies to this idea

There is no way to do this using the Evernote search language. You could possibly create one stack of notebooks that contain sensitive notes and one that contains non-sensitive notes, then rather than clicking on "All Notes" click on the stack of non-sensitive notes (or use a saved search to implement the same thing).

I can move this to a feature request forum, if you wish.