Evernote Distiller

jax200

Idea

I often use Evernote to save information regarding particular topics into individual topic folders.  As a simple example, say I'm collecting information on the American economy.

It would be cool if there was an Evernote mechanism for distillation of all the information into a top summary sheet of the important facts (eg, using bullet points) I've highlighted from each article.

This distilled fact sheet would be adaptive to additions and deletions and perhaps could have options for time stamping, source links, etc.

So in the above example, say I've collected 50 articles on the American economy, and in each article I've highlighted the facts of interest or quotes, or whatever.  These would then appear in the summary sheet until changed.  The highlighter could be a pop-up window that would allow editing of the information or just insert as-is.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

I upvoted.

Currently for the "top summary"sheet, the best we can do is a Table of Contents.  It only shows a list of note titles.
The note summary would be useful.

Database changes are not required; the summary details could be embedded in the note contents.

btw  Snippet view (Mac) shows the note title and a summary of the note.

Archived