Mettarefuge

Troubleshooting Web Clipper for Chrome

With the arrival of Chrome 71, the Evernote Web Clipper just stopped working.  (It stopped working in Opera and Vivaldi, when they upgraded to Chrome 71 internally.)  When I click on the Evernote button, I get rapid dialog boxes telling that Evernote has successfully logged in and then I get a box that says, "Evernote Web Clipper uses cookies to identify your account.  Check your browser setting to make sure third-party cookies are accepted from Evernote.  I click OK.  Then I try to use the Evernote Extension again, and I go through the same loop.  This now happens in the latest versions of Opera and Vivaldi.  This is super-irritating, so say the least, since I've totally lost web clipping.  I would love to know if there's anything I can do to fix this and if not, I hope a bug fix is coming soon. Thanks.  

• Like 1

@MettarefugeThank you for reaching out!

We occasionally see similar reports from users once they update their version of Chrome.

In order to get the Web Clipper to work properly for Chrome, 'Block third-party cookies' needs to be disabled.

Then, it should work.

However, I'm glad you were able to find the solution yourself!

Shane D.

Thanks for the quick response...fyi, on my machine, with Chrome, turning off "block third-party cookies" did not fix it.  I had to specifically "allow" Evernote, as I show in my screen shot.  

FYI: In Vivaldi, disabling the blocking third-party did the trick, but in Opera, as with Chrome,, I *had* to specifically add https://evernote.com/ before it would work properly.

My experience might be helpful to members using these browsers.

Best wishes,
Steve

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback!

As this is an FAQ thread, discussion/commentary will be restricted.

That being said, I've moved over the feedback regarding cookie permissions that was on this thread here:

Please continue to provide your thoughts/feedback there.

If you have a different set of feedback, please start a new thread in the appropriate location.

As always, feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other questions!