2019 Calendar Templates Read more... ×
GrammaKathleen

ScanSnap Evernote Edition and Mac OS Mojave

I'm sorry....I"m probably posting the same things someone else has, but I've looked for an hour and can't find this topic. I purchased a (rather expensive) Scansnap Evernote Edition scanner that now requires an updated app for Mac OS Mojave. I keep getting a popup about needing to update it soon. I see that Fujitsu released a 64 bit version of their Scansnap software for Mojave, but can find NOT ONE SINGLE THING from Evernote about this. I do see that because I no longer pay for Evernote, I cannot even submit a support ticket!! How irritating! 

So my question is: has EN issued any news regarding updating the Scanner software? Or should I sell this scanner, tell all my friends I recommended it to to do the same, and get a new Fujitsu? 

Hi.  This is the last post I have noted on the EESS -

- don't know whether that's in any way relevant.  Have you tried Fujitsu support?  Tweeted @EvernoteHelps ?

• Like 1

I have submitted a ticket for this problem, since it is really annoying that I can only use the scanner via USB connection, which is the only solution that works out of the two provided by Fujitsu. The other workaround was to connect the scanner to the WiFi using the ScanSnap Wireless setup tool, which in fact does connect the scanner to the WiFi, but still doesn’t solve the issue that the ScanSnap Evernote application fails to detect that my computer is connected to a wireless network; hence, keep getting the message “to enable wi-fi scanning, connect your computer to a wireless network”. It seems like Evernote completely forgot they have this product, it is frustrating that scanners that cost half the price of this expensive unit have been updated to work with the latest Mac OS update. 

• Like 2

That's what I think, Evernote seems to have forgotten this scanner, which only fuels my lack of desire to pay for premium membership with them. I find if I open the scanner and let it sit, it sometimes still finds the wifi connection, but there is still the problem of the error message indicating a 64-bit software will soon be required, rending THIS Scanner useless. I appreciate that you opened a ticket- I am unable to without paying for premium membership. 

I am having this same issue, but I am a Premium member of Evernote and a very dependent user.  I have two ScanSnap printers -- one at my home office (Evernote version) and one at my "office office" (ix500).  Both of them stopped working when I upgraded to Mojave, but I was able to easily fix the ix500 with a software/driver upgrade.  When I try to reinstall the Evernote for ScanSnap driver/software, I get a message saying that "installation failed."  Fujitsu is not able to support the scanner and gave me a phone number to call which sent me to Evernote billing.  I submitted a support ticket, but the ticket forces you to choose a device about which you are writing, and the scanner isn't an option.  I had to choose "Evernote for Salesforce" in order to submit the ticket, so I have no idea if I will get a response.  Help!! I spent $500 on this scanner and don't want to have to spend it again because of compatibility issues.  #beggingyou #anyoneoutthere #donthavetimeforthis

Fujitsu, the manufacturer of the ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner is working on making the scanner's software and hardware drivers fully compatible and 64 bit. More information about 64-bit updates from Fujitsu can be found here: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/faq/macos10134.html

For this scanner's general compatibility and wi-fi compatibility with macOS 10.14 Mojave, please see the article on Fujitsu's website here: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/faq/ssee-mojave.html

Peripheral updates to any hardware device from 3rd parties like Fujitsu after Apple updates their operating system can take some time past the initial OS release. This is outside of Evernote's control as the drivers are developed by Fujitsu. It is recommended to keep an eye on the device manufacturer's compatibility page to wait until they confirm full compatibility with that OS before updating, to hopefully not encounter an OS update causing issues with your hardware in the future. 

For the installation issues it sounds like you're encountering, please first check your Applications folder on your Mac to ensure the ScanSnap Manager Evernote Edition software is not already installed. We've heard some  similar reports of this. Past this, please ensure Evernote is also installed first before installing the ScanSnap Manager Evernote Edition software. I've followed up in your support ticket to further troubleshoot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1