Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
TdeV

Encrypt a whole note?

Reminder please (google is not helping):

I have one note where the entire note is encrypted, not merely some of the content.

Trouble is, I can't remember how I did it!

Help, please? TIA

If the note is all text,  that's just normal encryption.  If the note is an attached file in a particular format (PDF, DOCX etc) then you may have password-protected the contents.

Maybe?

11 hours ago, TdeV said:

Reminder please (google is not helping):

I have one note where the entire note is encrypted, not merely some of the content.

Trouble is, I can't remember how I did it!

Help, please? TIA

Encryption worked a bit differently pre new tables?

@TdeV Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? We've never offered the ability to encrypt an entire note, so I'm interested to see what you're observing. Hopefully, we can figure out a solution from there. Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 hour ago, Shane D. said:

@TdeV Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? We've never offered the ability to encrypt an entire note, so I'm interested to see what you're observing. Hopefully, we can figure out a solution from there. Let me know if you have any other questions!

You can't select a note and encrypt it, but if your note is wholly text, then you can select it all and encrypt that. Maybe that's what's going on.

You used to be able to encrypt an entire table in one fell swoop, or whatever text might be continuous.  But never a whole note of mixed content.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, jefito said:

... if your note is wholly text, then you can select it all and encrypt that. Maybe that's what's going on.

Maybe. I have used Control+A on another note, and encrypted that. However, I was not asked for a password, so I'll have to find out more about that. And I don't seem to be able to change the hint (by unencrypting then re-encrypting the text). So, I have some experimentation required!

Edited to add: The note is a list of passwords so, no, I can't post it.

17 minutes ago, TdeV said:

The note is a list of passwords so, no, I can't post it.

You said the note is encrypted2112982655_ScreenShot2018-12-07at15_41_27.png.b46935abf8601b50baddb8feddcced48.png

I have no concerns posting this screenshot of my secret passwords

• Like 1