Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×

Idea

I've read the discussion about 'spaces' and I don't think it will be useful for me in my situation. However I would like to have the facility to 'pin' a note to the top (or bottom) of a notebook, resistant to sorting notes within the notebook. I realise I can get close to this functionality with 'reminders' (or tags) but 'pinning' would avoid confusing real reminders with note I specifically want easy access to.

While the concept is simple I understand that it might not be quite so easy to code for, but it would increase the functionality of Evernote. You could have all your cut & paste favourites in one easy to access note. All your technical fixes (or the internal links to their separate notes) for your operating system in one place. Key summary points of various notes in the notebook or quotations in one easy to access note. 

Tags are great but I don't want to search for them to get to something I use frequently. Pinned notes would save searches.

4 replies to this idea

Whenever I want to pin a note to the top of a notebook, I use a period (.) or asterisk or number. Those things take the note out of alphabetical order and position it at the top of the notebook. Make sure your notes are being viewed in ascending order by title.

You can also use shortcuts or a main table of contents note listing links to all the notes you want frequent access to. For example, long before EN introduced templates, I had created about 50 of them. I have a notebook named .Templates that stays at the top of my notebook list for fast access to all of my templates.

There are always work-arounds. Hope one of these helps you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sandeelynne3 said:

Whenever I want to pin a note to the top of a notebook, I use a period (.) or asterisk or number. Those things take the note out of alphabetical order and position it at the top of the notebook. Make sure your notes are being viewed in ascending order by title.

I basically use a sigle notebook, and generate note  lists with tags and other searches.

This title prefixing works well for me.

• Like 2

I use reminder notes for pinning notes. Works great for me.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:01 AM, DiscoveredJoys said:

I've read the discussion about 'spaces' and I don't think it will be useful for me in my situation. However I would like to have the facility to 'pin' a note to the top (or bottom) of a notebook, resistant to sorting notes within the notebook. I realise I can get close to this functionality with 'reminders' (or tags) but 'pinning' would avoid confusing real reminders with note I specifically want easy access to.

While the concept is simple I understand that it might not be quite so easy to code for, but it would increase the functionality of Evernote. You could have all your cut & paste favourites in one easy to access note. All your technical fixes (or the internal links to their separate notes) for your operating system in one place. Key summary points of various notes in the notebook or quotations in one easy to access note. 

Tags are great but I don't want to search for them to get to something I use frequently. Pinned notes would save searches.

As a workaround pending EN doing anything about pinned notes, you can use the shortcuts bar for single click access to individual notes.  Works fine if you don't have a lot of pinned notes.