Annotating Copies of The Same Duplicated Image -Strange Buggy Behaviour

I'm using EN 6.16.4.8094 (308094) Public (CE Build ce-58.1.6897), on a Windows 10, 64-bit laptop.

I attached this 'vertically-long' image within a table... and realised if I sliced it up in a few pieces I could place the pieces of the image side-by-side so as to save space and continuous scrolling

In an app like MS Word or PPT, it would be a simple case of copying the image and pasting it 3-times, then crop each image accordingly.  But in EN this is a very buggy hit-n-miss ordeal...

Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't at all, sometimes what was done to one image, happened to the other etc. I tried 2 file formats JPG and JPEG (which i understand are the same). I also tried attaching the same image, one at a time v the copy-approach used above... and tried attaching within tables and outside.  There was nothing special about the image file size or resolution...so again pretty weird and unreliable

The whole annotating experience was very buggy... again when using duplicates of the same image (i don't suspect this would happen for different images). 

My workaround was to go back to the website where the image was and screen-cut each section individually then upload each 'unique' image... This, duplicating-cropping-same image, is not something I need a lot but seems like a pretty basic thing that I should be able to rely on EN-for-Windows to handle? 

Archived