Disappearing Annotated PDFs

Nick-Flynn

Idea

Hello there,

When annotating my PDF's, they disappeared - still showing as images on the sidebar but being empty in the note itself

On top of this, the contact support help page is helpfully broken as well - when I click to sign in with my Google account it comes up with an error page

This effects my PC as well as my phone

Can someone help please?

Thanks!Screenshot_20181128-103424.thumb.png.393df8f933a6ac2b73123aad3b2ccf42.pngScreenshot_20181128-103501.thumb.png.94d474dbf20dd020278e91adcb2de029.pngScreenshot_20181128-103509.thumb.png.4a04a8ad57ee2437c0fb137d55ad1052.png

7 replies to this idea

I am having the same problem. I'm running Evernote 6.16 on Windows 10. After I've spent time highlighting and taking notes on a PDF, I click "Save and Close" but when I come back to the PDF, the entire file is missing (see screenshots below). In the second image, you can clearly see the highlights in the smaller preview pane on the left, but no file in the bigger pane on the right. I checked my web browser version of EN, but it's the same. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the new "Templates" feature? Please help. This is killing my productivity.

Evernote Issue 1.png

Evernote Issue 2.png

The good news is the pdf still exists.  If you right-click on the note in the left panel, you should be able to save the attachment (including annotations) to your computer.  The attachment can then be added to a new note in Evernote.  Support tells me they are working on a solution for the next update.

I am also experiencing this issue with PDFs of all sizes. It's happening on Windows client on every machine I use. I don't use annotations on mobile, so I can't attest to wether it's also happening on Android.

The issue seems to occur on saving the PDF after a considerable amount of new annotations have been added.

As mentioned by BasieBand, the annotated PDF still seems to exist on the note, as saving the note's attachments produces it out of thin air.

I honestly don't know how to stress how critical this bug is. It should be obvious.

Hoping for a swift fix, as this is killing my workflow.

Archived