Evernote for iOS 8.17 Released

annah

Idea

• Ex Employees

Hey all, sorry for the slight delay - 8.17 is available in the App Store. We are aware of an issue with the app sometimes prompting for Apple ID credentials on launch, and we are already working on a fix. Feedback always welcome!

New!
  • You asked for a dark mode in Evernote, and it’s finally here! Welcome to the dark side—lightsabers not included.
  • Small optimizations in registration experience

Fixed
  • We fixed some specific issues that might have been getting in your way, like printing weirdness, images that didn’t attach properly, and misbehaving cursors. We agree they were annoying, but it should be smooth sailing now.

17 replies to this idea

4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My forum activities include posting feature requests and adding my vote to requests.  I also post feedback on bugs I encounter in beta testing, and product use.

I have no use for "Boohoo, Evernote's so bad" posts.

Fair point.  I guess I must only notice your "defence" posts.  Which leads me to another gripe with Evernote and this is that the forums are not particularly user friendly to me.  In particular, the feature request forum (s?) appear to lack much engagement from Evernote management.  Some analysis of what feature requests have been implemented over time, which are in the road map (with some indication of timing for implementation) and which are not being considered at all would be very helpful.  BTW, I am also an avid user of Evernote and have been since about 2005.  Over 19,000 notes and nearly 1,000 tags.  It is clearly the best note app available - nothing is close - but it could be improved enormously.  Finally, I am also a keen user of Dropbox for traditional file storage and the Dropbox experience is always impressive and incrementally gets better.  Now, if we could get the Dropbox management team to run the Evernote product ... then I suspect Evernote could move from 200+ million users to perhaps twice that!  Let's hope the new CEO can make some tangible change to the organisation.

ios sync issues continue... I just had about 25 notes that were added to my inbox yesterday and moved out as necessary all pop back into my inbox a short while ago - happened right after I picked up an ipad with evernote on it that I hadn't used in a few days and let it sync.   hopefully nothing more serious than that occurred.

As has been pointed out by others here, the slow performance of the iOS app has rendered it virtually unusable on my iPhone. This has been an issue for some time now and unfortunately the latest update hasn't fixed it. I am a long-time and avid Premium Evernote user (>20K notes), so it is frustrating to have this gap in what is otherwise a powerfully unified system for capturing and managing information. Clunky workarounds with other iOS apps can get the job done, but why is this still an issue? Please listen to your users and get this fixed!!

Thanks to the Update. In the next build,  I hope some functions about tags implemented, edit tag name, create new tag, and show tag list behind list of notebooks like desktop app. I’m very very happy I can use such tag functions especially in iPad Pro with smart keyboard. This is not only my wish, but also some Evernote ambassadors’ in Japan.   Thanks.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:22 AM, enki said:

You  infect this forum. Please stop coment my posts. You can say what you want, but is clear e that you are paid by Evernote. If not, you are a troll.

Whining and paranoia....I joined just to point that out.  You berate a user simply because he or she likes the app?  How very strange.

Evernote is hands down the very best app of its kind...nothing comes close and no one could convince me otherwise.  In my experience not only is the product outstanding but the development and response to issues are too, especially for the price! It's funny how so many people complain but then worry about the future of Evernote. 

So instead of whining and name calling and accusing why not try to be constructive or be quiet.

Thank you, that is all.

• Ex Employees

Hi again, just dropping in to update y'all on a couple things: 

• 8.17.1 is now out with a fix for the Apple ID issue
  • We're aware of and have been working hard to get the performance issues addressed
5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I am a user of the Evernote services.  
I am not paid by Evernote; I pay them for a Premium account.
Don't post such drivel, and lies.

You  infect this forum. Please stop coment my posts. You can say what you want, but is clear e that you are paid by Evernote. If not, you are a troll.

• Level 5*
On 11/29/2018 at 2:57 AM, enki said:

You are paid by Evernote and for this reasonI don't considering your posts...not evernote pay me like you. ...but is clear e that you are paid by Evernote. 

I am a user of the Evernote services.  
I am not paid by Evernote; I pay them for a Premium account.
Evernote employees are clearly identified in the sidebar.
Stop posting such drivel, and lies;  Forum Code of Conduct

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

I was responding to asinine posts on the IOS password prompt, and no reason to stay with Evernote.

My forum activities also include posting feature requests and adding my vote to requests.  I also post feedback on bugs I encounter in beta testing, and product use. I'm not clear on how to contribute further.

I have no use for "Boohoo, Evernote's so bad" posts and think they are a waste.

Asinine response? You are paid by Evernote and for this reasonI don't considering your posts... you are Evernote's yes man. Please don't comment my posts. Please ignore my posts if you can't respect my position. Remember my nick and please don't answer or coment my posts becouse I'm paying evernote since 2010, not evernote pay me like you. Poor stupid troll. This forum is infected by your coments.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jffe said:

I do often wonder how much better Evernote would be if you would direct your commentary to pointing out the clear opportunities to improve Evernote by way of fixing bugs and introducing new features as opposed to generally defending the product as it is.  Just trying to be constructive....

I was responding to asinine posts on the IOS password prompt, and no reason to stay with Evernote.

My forum activities also include posting feature requests and adding my vote to requests.  I also post feedback on bugs I encounter in beta testing, and product use. I'm not clear on how to contribute further.

I have no use for "Boohoo, Evernote's so bad" posts and think they are a waste.

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

There are many reasons and benefits for using the Evernote service.
The IOS prompt issue is anoying but I'm not letting it ruin my life.

Hi DTLow

As I suspect you are one of the most diligent and respectful contributors to the Evernote forums, I do often wonder how much better Evernote would be if you would direct your commentary to pointing out the clear opportunities to improve Evernote by way of fixing bugs and introducing new features as opposed to generally defending the product as it is.  Just trying to be constructive....

• Level 5*
On 11/28/2018 at 8:33 AM, enki said:

Hello, at this moment there are not reasons to stay with Evernote.

edit: Context - thread started by @HammerG26 with Please give me a reason to stay with Evernote

There are many reasons and benefits for using the Evernote service.
- the continued storage and retrieval of my data and syncronization to my devices
The IOS prompt issue is anoying but I'm not letting it ruin my life. edit: fixed in v8.17.1

2 hours ago, HammerG26 said:

The issue with prompting for AppleID was prevalent in a previous release.  Did someone accidentally release that same faulty code?  I am concerned about the quality control we are seeing in Evernote.  Please give me a reason to stay with Evernote.

Hello, at this moment there are not reasons to stay with Evernote.

The issue with prompting for AppleID was prevalent in a previous release.  Did someone accidentally release that same faulty code?  I am concerned about the quality control we are seeing in Evernote.  Please give me a reason to stay with Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 11/27/2018 at 7:13 AM, GrumpyMonkey said:

Hi. 8.17 here. Thanks for the update. For the next build, could you speed up the time to start a note? 5-10 seconds is just too long to wait. Maybe it is OK for others, but it just doesn’t fit my workflow.  It seems to me like speed is kind of Evernote’s thing — after all, what is the point of building a slow productivity app? Please reconsider whatever decisions led you to accept slowness as OK. If this is a bug, and unintentional, how did it make it into the public release? Please look at the QA process for the app. Until the next update it’s unusable in my workflow (again, others may have more patience, and I may be an edge case here) and the web version doesn’t work on mobile (several years now since this very helpful mobile web client was abandoned), so I’m paying for an icon on my screen...

Also, images added to notes from the camera roll don’t always go where they are supposed to (the end of a note instead of the selected location).

Update: sluggishness plus notes that cannot load. Also, spontaneous reproduction of notes (reported months ago as well -- it could be iOS or OSX, I guess, but I can report that it is at least still a problem somewhere).

• Level 5*

Hi. 8.17 here. Thanks for the update. For the next build, could you speed up the time to start a note? 5-10 seconds is just too long to wait. Maybe it is OK for others, but it just doesn’t fit my workflow.  It seems to me like speed is kind of Evernote’s thing — after all, what is the point of building a slow productivity app? Please reconsider whatever decisions led you to accept slowness as OK. If this is a bug, and unintentional, how did it make it into the public release? Please look at the QA process for the app. Until the next update it’s unusable in my workflow (again, others may have more patience, and I may be an edge case here) and the web version doesn’t work on mobile (several years now since this very helpful mobile web client was abandoned), so I’m paying for an icon on my screen...

Also, images added to notes from the camera roll don’t always go where they are supposed to (the end of a note instead of the selected location).

• Level 5*

Out of interest, are you all in the development world not seeing abysmal response times?  The last few releases have made the app almost unusable.  It is faster for me to email myself a note as opposed to opening the app and creating one.  Don't remember when this behavior started, but a few releases back.  Performance was great prior to that (though it had just been fixed from a previous bout of poor response time)..  Just wondering.

Archived