Subho86

Scannable Issue: Not Saving to Evernote

Hi all - Facing a unique issue with Scannable. It shows that a scan has been saved to Evernote but it never arrives. I checked the Evernote settings on the app and it shows that it is saving notes on the "First Notebook" in Evernote. I don't have a notebook with that name and nothing I do will change the default. I tried logging in and out of Evernote on the app but that didn't solve the issue.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed?

Yea, I realized that dozens (possibly hundreds) of receipts scanned in Scannable are not in Evernote.  That was one of my main reasons for using Evernote.  I will be switching to another app for receipt scanning and note taking.  I will not be using Evernote again if I can't trust it to keep my data.

On 7/8/2019 at 4:16 PM, Sean H said:

I will not be using Evernote again if I can't trust it to keep my data.

The problem seems to be in getting data from Scannable (an Evernote add-in) to Evernote (the main data-capture app) - and unless the main storage area had received and synced the scans with the online server and then lost them,  it hasn't been involved in this issue so far.

Scannable actually services several storage options,  not just Evernote,  so the first thing to know is: exactly how do you go about scanning and saving a document to your device?

Here's some general background help - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/sections/200930117/

What I do not get from the postings is on which device Scannable is running in the two initial posts here.

Just looked it up on my iPhone, and options are few and pretty clear. Not much room for mistakes here.

Anyhow, before scanning away dozens o hundreds of docs, I would always propose to do a test run. There is much on the way that can go wrong.

Personally I use ScannerPro from readlle, which works fine as a scanner, has its own OCR capability plus allows for customized workflows that select a notebook, add tags and send everything into Evernote.

Another option is to scan with the Evernote app directly, by creating a note and hitting the camera option. IMHO there is little room left for a solid usecase of Scannable.

• Like 1

Yes, it is set up correctly.  Some of the scans did save in Evernote, making it appear as though it was working.  It looks like most scans at least in 2019 (perhaps before) did not save.  But some did, without the settings ever changing.  This is an inconsistency issue.

Could it be that the scans that were not saved happened when you had already reached your monthly upload limit ?

This can easily happen with scans, especially when saved as pictures.

When I use my scanning app, it is set to create pdfs.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 8:55 AM, Subho86 said:

It shows that a scan has been saved to Evernote but it never arrives. I checked the Evernote settings on the app and it shows that it is saving notes on the "First Notebook" in Evernote. 

Is it  possible you have Scannable  logged into a different account?

"First Notebook" is the default notebook when you create a new account.

• Like 1

No, it is the same account, since some were uploaded while others were not (no apparent pattern related to account access).  PinkElephant, you might be correct about the monthly limit - I had not considered that, which means this was a user interface failure that I was not notified of that issue.

I've already switched to Dropbox scanning, which is actually more accurate anyway, so thanks to everyone who tried to solve this issue but I won't be testing any solutions from now on since I have switched.  But thanks for taking the time!