Hello, if I try to type a sign "&" with using CTRL+ALT+C, my evernote crush and i cant run it again (i have start task manager and end task "evernote clipper" and "evernote tray application" to be able to start evernote again - evernote.exe application is not running at this time after crush). I dont have any shortcut keys enabled. 

I have win 10 newest updates, evernote latest update also

Thanks for help !

• 2 weeks later...

Ctrl+Alt+V is one of the default shortcuts in the Options dialog (which can be deleted - click the 'x' on the box for that shortcut). Other than that, we do not process that shortcut. (We have ctrl+v and ctrl+shift+v)

• Level 5
On 11/23/2018 at 6:01 PM, Komediant said:

Hello, if I try to type a sign "&" with using CTRL+ALT+C, my evernote crush and i cant run it again (i have start task manager and end task "evernote clipper" and "evernote tray application" to be able to start evernote again - evernote.exe application is not running at this time after crush). I dont have any shortcut keys enabled. 

I have win 10 newest updates, evernote latest update also

Thanks for help !

I have highlighted something that seems significant to me in the original post, which leads me to this question: in which version of Windows or in which software do you type "&" using CTRL+ALT+C? That's the part that's unclear to me. You say you don't have any shortcut keys enabled--do you mean in Evernote, or in Windows? Clearly there must be some level at which the shortcut CTRL+ALT+C produces "&", and that is what I find unclear at this point.

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I have highlighted something that seems significant to me in the original post, which leads me to this question: in which version of Windows or in which software do you type "&" using CTRL+ALT+C? That's the part that's unclear to me. You say you don't have any shortcut keys enabled--do you mean in Evernote, or in Windows? Clearly there must be some level at which the shortcut CTRL+ALT+C produces "&", and that is what I find unclear at this point.

Windows 10, version 1803

Im using Slovak language keyboard, so if i want to type "&" i have to pres ctrl+alt+c

Yes i mean i dont have shortcuts in evernote.

That crash also happen when i go to evernote -> files and press new chat button without using actual shortcut

I already tried reinstal evernote but no change ...

aaa.png

• Level 5

Thanks, @Komediant, that makes things clearer. I'm not familiar with Slovak keyboards, so I didn't realize why you have to use Ctrl+Alt+C for &. But if it crashes even when you select New Chat from the menu, then clearly it's an issue between Evernote and Windows, regardless of the keyboard. I'm afraid this is beyond anything I understand, especially since it continues after reinstalling Evernote. @dconnet, do you have any further thoughts?

Crashing upon pressing a hotkey sounds like a possible hotkey conflict.  I had a similar problem before, turned out it was a hotkey conflict with another program (AutoHotkey in my case). 

Try disabling all background programs, and all hotkeys in other programs if you can.  If that doesn't help, try running Evernote in Windows Safe mode. 

These steps should allow you to determine whether the problem is with Evernote or a conflict with something else, maybe with Windows itself.

1 minute ago, Don Dz said:

Crashing upon pressing a hotkey sounds like a possible hotkey conflict.  I had a similar problem before, turned out it was a hotkey conflict with another program (AutoHotkey in my case). 

Try disabling all background programs, and all hotkeys in other programs if you can.  If that doesn't help, try running Evernote in Windows Safe mode. 

These steps should allow you to determine whether the problem is with Evernote or a conflict with something else, maybe with Windows itself.

it also happen without using shortcut, if i click on file->new chat (screenshot is above) it crushes tha same way

When i have Evernote on, i can see it in task manager (obvious) but no evernote clipper or evernote tray application in "process in backround"

running.png.6f978e423bd95e3c511bde2b8977be89.png

After i use shortcut ctrl+alt+c or click on file->new chat, it dissapeard from running application, and in "process on backround" starts evernote tray and evernote clipper

94941178_taskmanager.png.c601e435c65e32f1c81ccb0e4c0a92d0.png

Also i can click in system tray on the evernote icon,

172439197_systemtray.png.93503b04d930590820888cf3b18d5d93.png

when i press Open evernote from system tray, this is the popup

popup.png.494de1b2dd083203b3648de6f92e7833.png

If i end tasks "evernote clipper" and "evernote tray" from "process in background" then i can reopen evernote without problem

• 2 weeks later...

Archived